Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 01: Pc Input Device

Ok, welcome to the first of the productdesignforums.com weekly sketch session (good idea gilty)!

Idea is to give you a subject which you can use to make some doodles and sketches which you can attach with your post in this thread. So basically, all sketches you want to show of this subject, please post them in here.

We might make a new subforum in the Sketches & Renderings forum if this idea is successful, but lets try it this way first.

So, this week we'll start with some human input devices for your pc. This can be anything from mice to keyboards.. If you prefer to do a games controller, you can do that as well..

Please also give some explanation to your sketch(es) if you thought of something that isn't really obvious.

This is a thread where you can relax, learn, ask questions, you name it.. you take advantage of it the way you want to :lol:

So, let's go! I'll make sure I post something as well!

edit: In case you were wondering, I will not lock this thread after this week, so feel free to post even if new sessions are opened.

haha man you're a fast one, these look great.. nice lighting. Perhaps you can improve them a bit if you erase some of the colours that go outside of your shape so that they look like ground reflections they won't look as if you can't draw within the lines (which I know you can :lol: ).

Guest Xriry

Ok here is my ROLLERBALL CORDLES MOUSE! (oh the insanity!) there is a roller ball inside of it, with a clear plastic cover over the top of it so the user can rest his hand on it and move the mouse, but still see the ball moving around inside of it. first thing that popped into my head... kinda nerdy.

post-6-1092860448.jpg

Guest sixfish

First sketch to the forum. Painter, 20min. A PDA. I will post a second after this. Hope I attached it right.

-sixfish

post-6-1092960329.jpg

Guest sixfish

Sketch 2. Mouse. Painter, 12 min. Both done (PDA above) done on the small Wacom (5x7?)

-sixfish

post-6-1092960491.jpg

Guest sixfish

Hey Renzsu, where is the Smudge tool in Painter? Also, once you hit "E" for rotation, how do you disengage it? I just pick another tool. Kind of annoying. Thanks.

-sixfish

Hey Renzsu, where is the Smudge tool in Painter? Also, once you hit "E" for rotation, how do you disengage it? I just pick another tool. Kind of annoying. Thanks.

-sixfish

Hey man, nice sketches, I like the tight lines, are they all freehand?

About the smudge tool, I'll have to look at that when I'm back home, you can reset the rotation by pressing E and double tapping your stylus on the canvas. I think you can also reset it with a keyboard shortcut, but again, I'll have to look that up at home.

Guest sixfish

Thanks. Yeah, the lines are all freehand. I tend to be one of those, "draw from your shoulder" types. Let the arm swing. That is why it is an adjustment to get all of that arm motion onto my 5x7 Wacom. But slowly it is coming along.

Thaks for the Painter info. If you learn more about my questions, just post here I guess. I hust don't want to be using a piece opf software saying "I wish it did this and this..." and then later find out it had that functionality all along. I will probably post another sketch or 2 tonight. Is that cool? Is there a limit or something? (also I am respecting the 20KB limit as well) Thanks again,

-sixfish

Well there is keyboard shortcuts print out in the help of painter 6. After rotating the canvas, I press B for brushing again.

There is no limit here, so post as much if you want to. I think a lots of people like to learn from eachothers.

xriry - thats a crazy funnny mouse

sixfish - thx for comments, u got some nice solid lines

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.