Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgievJr

The Epoxy-resin Lamp !

Guest GeorgievJr

Hi fellows, this is my project from the last year.

Please comment! :)

3D model:

post-26728-1226049017.jpg

and the realized lamp:

post-26728-1226049109.jpg

The realized lamp has three parts from different materials:

- the main part or the lighting cube is made from epoxy resin;

- the middle part or the posture is combination from metal details from different things , like the ring cord is from shower;

- the basic is made from wood;

Inside the epoxy cube there is a semi-sphere whit 40 light-emittin diode, the other semi-sphere is for the electronics

Guest The Cadbox

Pretty wild looking! I dig the base alot. Im curious though how the epoxy resin smell when the lamp is on?!

Guest GeorgievJr

The epoxy resin just doesn't smell , i had keeping the lamp turned on all night long and i had smell nothing. :) cheers

Guest ST3

just a quick question-how heavy does the epoxy resin make the unit and does it cause the top to droop?also how much does it cut down on the light provided to the user??

really like it btw!

Guest Skint

Pretty funky concenpt given the facts that you can change the colour of the resin aswell as the asthetiques. Nice !

Guest Scotta

Looks like something from a steampunk novel... I like. What is the selling price? (just for fun)

Guest GeorgievJr
ST3 Posted Dec 2 2008, 04:12 PM

just a quick question-how heavy does the epoxy resin make the unit and does it cause the top to droop?also how much does it cut down on the light provided to the user??

First i would like to say that is decorative lamp it's not specilized at any particular sphere where the provided light to the user is important. The epoxy resin unit is not so heavy to cause the top to drop :)

Scotta,

for fun the making of the lamp cost to me 40 euro , this is only for the materials . If i want to sell the lamp i will take you 50 - 55 euro :D:)B)

thanks for the comments.

Guest Oliver21

I love the cube, that's the best part. This has inspired me, I'm definitely going to be designing something to do with a light inside a cube that just looks awesome.