Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maon W.

New Memeber's Sketches

Guest Taro

yup, looks like your sketch!

I like the idea, i just dont know if it's possible to do that, there are many reasons for it to not work, but could work at the same time. anyways, i like it XD

sketching wise, i can see that your lines are actually getting cleaner, even tho not good enough. Also, i like how u try to freehand all your stuff, because that makes you improve faster! Keep it up, there are improvements in your sketches that we see, looking forward to see more!

Guest MBW17

thanks so much taro, for your very contructive crisitsm, i really enjoy reading your comments! thanks and more to come sometime...

~Mason

Guest Austin Brown

I think Joe Row was right. Fewer lines looks better. As long as they're in the right place ; ) looks pretty cool

Guest Taro

nice result, if you can make a better version of this, i suggest you try drawing the lines a bit more freely, it sumtimes looks like ur shaking. also, if you add some line weight into that drawing right there, it would look great

Guest Emil Andersson

Hey, I really like that you're so motivated, just keep on practicing and I promise you that you'll get in to whichever artschool you want. I just have to agree with what already has been said, work on your line quality and perspective. When you feel secure about the perspective you know where your line should be and then you don't have to put down so many strokes to find the right one that fits the perspective. Also make sure you know the theory about placing ellipses in perspective (short axis towards vanishing point) and choosing the right value of degree. If you get that right your car sketches will improve very fast! Keep up the good work!

See my lastest post HERE and see what I mean.

Guest MBW17

thx Emil,

heres more for my NASA ideation, and i know there are supposed to be treads but im practicing diff. perspective and the form....please comment, and sry the perspective is still a little off..

Thanks

~Mason

post-26342-1227230559.jpg

Guest MBW17

final renders, perspective is kinda off, and yes i still need to get some ellipse guides! really appreciate comments!!!

thanks

~Mason

post-26342-1227393630.jpg

Guest Taro

yes, perspective is off, and you state that yourself, so maybe b4 you render next time, place the drawing against the wall, and back off a few steps and see whats wrong, it helps.

rendering wise, i like the variety of your colours, however, i still think your not free enough with it, just because its your final render, doesnt mean u cant be free with it. Its still giving me the feeling of your hand shaking while drawing these. In terms of rendering, i sumwhat think u over rendered in some parts of the vehicle, maybe you messed up and tried to fix it, but messed up again.

shadows, your shadow on the top left car dont really make much sense, it doesnt have shadow at the front of the back? lol and your wheels seem like they are just a piece of plate rolling, your need to make the tires either darker or lighter than the ground.

also, if this is your final render, i suggest not to put in those arrows stating what is what, since we would know if we saw your previous drawings (if it was a project). Even if you were putting them on, i dont encourage using marker, i dont know why, but i find them messy when writing.

Lastly, if this is ONE page, then treat it like ONE page, u do not need two signatures lol i would just put mine under the shadow of the right car. Furthermore, I encourage playing around with the text a bit too, for example, you can write MBW with a C8, and Design with a C6, then 2008 with C5.

hope this helps.

Guest Austin Brown

those are looking really good. Need to do a little work on the ellipses - check the latest few posts here, but it looks good otherwise. I like the side view you did more than the perspective view. I think it has to do with the fact that it's a more dynamic and emotional sketch. One thing I'd suggest is that you write your annotations in a small black felt tip. That gray is too muddy and a little unprofessional. When you use a felt tip, it looks cleaner because it is high contrast and you can write it smaller. I'd suggest you make a photocopy of the structure of your car(a really light framework - perspective lines, axels, boxes, windshield, etc) and practice drawing the rest of it in correct perspective and with beautiful dynamic lines. If you do it enough, you'll figure out some tricks to making a gorgeous rendering. Plus, you can practice markering the same thing over and over again, and you won't get too attached to one sketch.

Finally, Turn those ellipses clockwise 15 or 20 degrees (they're not supposed to be vertical), and add a bit of lineweight and some real deep black for contrast. This will pop it off the page and make it look more 3D

-austin

Guest MBW17

wow, I love being on this site bc I get so much good feedback!

Taro- to be honest with you I really didn't like the perspective view at all, and I was getting really frusturated with it. LOL so kinda rushed thru it at the end. And I didn't no exactly what to do with my shadows on the hood so I busted winged it....and I know what's wrong with the perspective, so I might just sketch it again. And I'm still trying to get out of the habit of being so consevative with my marker, bc I do at times make shaky lines everyone..

Austin-I also like to side view render better too, and the scan knocked out a bunch of the colors so it looks better in person. I will try to work on everything you guys have mentioned, I'm taking some time off for thanksgiving... So thanks guys the comments are making me a better designer each day

Thanks soooo much!!!

~Mason

Guest Taro

np np, lol hey! at least for the shadow, u just forgot to fill in parts of it. You can just go in and fill it in if u known where it goes. If u overfilled it ;p ur screwed.

HOWEVER, DONT get too concerned about getting the correct shadow, i mean by really really close to the accurate place shadows. I remember.. quote from that book "sketching techniques for product designers" it said "it is more important to guess where the shadows are, then knowing exactly where they are" Im sorry this is not word for word, i just kinda remember reading sumthing like this. If i misunderstood the meaning, please correct me.