Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maon W.

New Memeber's Sketches

Guest Corcho
i would say, dont even go into the product 'design' yet, since ur only 14, u need sketching and sketching! lol

from my experience, even if my idea was incredibly good, when my drawing isnt well enough, the whole idea seems like crap since i cannot present it well-enough. A good idea deserves a good presentation.

buying the sketching book is a good idea, lol really helps, my favourite chapter was "simpflying shapes" XDXD its awesum lol

(; agreed.

Guest MBW17

i believe i need to expand my design skills....but will still sketch more cars than anything bc there my fav!

Guest Taro

looking forward to it! just keep going n going at it. basics are the most important things in everything, ull learn a lot of 'basics' from drawing car! Maybe you will be able to draw perfect circles in no time = o

Guest joe row
looking forward to it! just keep going n going at it. basics are the most important things in everything, ull learn a lot of 'basics' from drawing car! Maybe you will be able to draw perfect circles in no time = o

automotive design is just one part... yes draw lots of cars but dont be closed minded, im sure any rational designer would agree

Guest MBW17

new concept im working on...sry its not a product ( those will be coming soon, hopefully)

and the perspective view is kinda leaning, but still developing..thx

~Mason

post-26342-1226537760.jpg

post-26342-1226537782.jpg

post-26342-1226537837.jpg

new concept im working on...sry its not a product ( those will be coming soon, hopefully)

and the perspective view is kinda leaning, but still developing..thx

~Mason

Cool concepts Mason. You should start adding construction lines or a perspective grid to your work. You seem to have good ideas, now try to get the basics of construction down. If you can do that at your age, you will have a great advantage as you get older.

The 2 biggest things are perspective and ellipses. If I have time tomorrow, I'll sketch up one of your ideas with a grid so you can see what I'm talking about.

-

Guest MBW17

thanks for the feedback, and im pretty sure what your talking about, grid paper stuff. should i sketch on it? or do it digitally bc i got a tablet...and thx a lot for your kind words!

~Mason

Guest Taro

it looks pretty good, but ur problems, i dont want to repeat J6Studios, so ill talk about some ways you can see these drawings better, and improve them:

your drawings are sketchy, and im not sure if its meant to be, or is it hard to do a clean sketch yet for you (but ur already really good) what you can do is, drop by an art store, and get a stack of tracing paper (if ur low on budget) or a stack of marker sheets (only 5 dollars anyways)

now, you go back with these tracing papers, and trace over your drawing of that concept, and try to keep ur lines as clean as possbile,, but you might think that its useless and a waste of time, but really... u can see wut your drawing actually looks like, i often find my sketchy sketches off in perspective when i redraw it. Also, tracing is probably the ONE of the quickest ways to practice lines.

Guest MBW17

haha thanks taro...actually just went out of tracing paper lol need to get some more, and i need to clean my sketches up, so thanks man!

~Mason

Guest MBW17

hey guys, heres a new concept i sketched up. It is designed for extreme kayakers... It features expandable wings, so if the kayaker goes off a cliff he can simply push a button on his paddle and the wings pop out and he can glid down safely..please tell me what ya think...still working on my sketching....

~Mason

post-26342-1226870060.jpg

Guest joe row

really like the perspective view, you can visualise the kayak much more through a 3d form...

one thing im trying to do in my sketching at the moment is cut down on the lines used... you can show a much clearer design with a clean set of lines...

keep up the good work