Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maon W.

New Memeber's Sketches

Guest sachin

Nice effort kid! But maybe try stepping back and carrying around a sketchbook. Perhaps drawing whats around you, rooms, objects, a stack of books, etc. Even try tracing or drawing comic book characters, hot car sketches or stuff that interests you.

Etiher way, keep on drawing and keep in mind that each sketch you should do should be better than the last one.

Guest Maon W.

hey guys thanks, here are some other sketches...i added a few little sketches on this pad just by copying and pasteing, thats why there are a few diff. color boxes....

post-26342-1225751338.jpg

Guest Taro

again like i said in the other post, try not even using a ruler for now.

but looking at your perspective stuff, unless u just copied it from some other places, otherwise u get it. U know where things are suppose to go and stuff. now.. without drawing ur perspective lines and vanishing points, but imagining them. apply them to your cubes or w/e u want to draw. dont get confuse just because u dont have ur guide lines.

Guest MBW17

hey guys this is my first tablet render, i got it in today and i already love it! sketch was in pen then rendered in painter...thought it was pretty good for a first timmer!

Please comment

post-26342-1225935291.jpg

Guest Taro

i suppose that.. its probably a cintiq or sumthing? lol well really lucky and good for u to get that, but really, build on pen and paper first ; ) and i believe everyone else in the forum would agree with that.

keep up with ur work tho! as long as ur sketching its alll good.

Guest MBW17

no i have an intuos..heres a ferrari had to do it for school, sry need to get back to pen and paper, it took about 2 1/2 hrs and i like the outcome.....what do yall think about it?? and sorry my ellipses still suck!

thanks

post-26342-1226209902.jpg

Guest MBW17

audi pen sketch...wanted to mess with the higlights and contrast.. =P sry if you don't like it....

please critique, and i havent heard anything about my ferrari.....thx

~Mason

post-26342-1226279257.jpg

Guest Taro

audi .. commentless,

nice ferrari tho!! really nice, sum perspective seems wrong, thats all.

can u give me some info on the material u used for it, and ur process?

Guest MBW17

yea man sure thanks! i was going to do a tutorial of it but i figured i was too young...lol

i used red canson mi tiendes?? don't know how to spell it..

red and black copic....then cool gray prismacolor and fine tip black prisma then white pencil and gouche to finish it off...

if u want to know more detail tell me....thanks a lot tho!!!

~Mason

Guest Taro

ooo i c lol , okay

thx

keep it up, practice the basics.

i was really surprise by that ferrari, then i figured that it would pretty much look normal if it was drawn on a white marker sheet or something... wouldnt be as catchy lol. so.. great choice of background colour.

Guest joe row

some incredibly well drawn articles for a 14yr old

would really like to see some more of your product design - there are alot of cars, try and take on a new twist to your designing and create an abstract form for a simple object, say a kettle or a toaster... find a normal household object and make it into a beautiful one

i wanna see what you can do

Guest MBW17

hey joe! Thanks a bunch for your motivating comment! I will work on my product design, I have been meaning too expand my design horizon... LOL, just haven't gotten any good ideas... I'm about to get the "sketching" book so that will prob help but thanks for all the support this site has given me and I will continue to post my sketches on this thread so stay tuned... =P

Thanks everyone!!

~Mason

Guest Taro

i would say, dont even go into the product 'design' yet, since ur only 14, u need sketching and sketching! lol

from my experience, even if my idea was incredibly good, when my drawing isnt well enough, the whole idea seems like crap since i cannot present it well-enough. A good idea deserves a good presentation.

buying the sketching book is a good idea, lol really helps, my favourite chapter was "simpflying shapes" XDXD its awesum lol

Guest joe row
i would say, dont even go into the product 'design' yet, since ur only 14, u need sketching and sketching!

its just we've seen what he can do with cars, now lets see somthing different...

i've been told by so many people from guys who have designed for nokia, oakley, jaguar that broadening your horizons is one of the best things you can do as a designer, why not start at 14? why just stick to cars? isnt innovative design about pushing yourself to do somthing your not quite comfortable doing