Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest toto30mx

Help

Guest toto30mx

Hi... i'm a begginer in 3ds max. been learning by my own so I need some help rendering this image.

1. when you see closely, the frontier between the background and the cube looks wierd, it's like all pixeled, is there any tool to smooth that?? I used a box 4 segments for all dimensions converted into poly and then applied mesh smooth 4 iterations.

2.I want a floor really white and glossy but I need to blend it with a white background, I've been trying with glossy finish, matte finish, architectural, chrome, but I can't seem to get the results I want. Just white(a liitle grey but no too much) but the most important with a reflective glossy finish that will reflect the box(MORE LIKE THE LAST IMAGE)... that seemed to work but it looks too unreal it's like there are too of them stacked.

that's all for now please help me out

thanks

post-22416-1224802856.jpg

post-22416-1224803581.jpg

Guest keffmalone

I don't know about 3DSMax, but if I wanted to achieve that effect in Solidworks, I would give the floor surface a slight bump-map texture, this means that the further away from the object, the less it will reflect. There may be a "falloff" option in the reflection box, but I don't know 3DSMax to say for sure.

Hope this helps

Guest toto30mx

I know what you mean it's cool how some things remain the same in several softwares...I'll try the bump I know the fall off just need to work it out thanks