Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lokilabs

Yacht Sketch

for such a large yacht you probably picked the least exciting view possible . . . it makes it difficult to tell what the form would actually be like . . . could you do a perspective sketch?

The rectilinear shapes are shaded in such a flat manner that it makes it look like a construction paper cutout, not a rendering. I'm not sure what the random black spatter in the background is either.

Guest Colvindesign

I think the part that projects in the air should be shortened, to at lease match the downward line of the front, for better continuation. Other than that, the rendering skills are very good, but it does lack depth. A perspective view from the 3/4 front or rear would add a lot of depth. Also, the part of the bottom that apparently projects 30 feet into the water, this would make the yacht very stable but nearly unusable in most bodies of water.

As an in process sketch I think its very good. Now if you can take this feedback and work with it, that will improve how you can work with peers and supervisors in a real design environment.

Guest lokilabs

Thanks Colvindesign for you reply. Most constructive. The sketch was a quick 15-20 min thumbnail to get out some yacht profiles. I am not a yacht designer but I love them and use these sketches as a quick outlet during my free time.

Guest Colvindesign

sure thing,

I think most people on here are stuck on, you have to do things to their taste. I think a sketch or rendering needs to get a design theme accross, if it gets the design theme accross clearly it is successful.

Keep going- maybe you should not have rendered this particular view. Keep working out the form. Could you explain what the large structure is at the front?

Guest lokilabs

I will do some more sketching to get the form out. In answer to your question yes, I am trying to think a little bit differntly here. More people should post some yacht sketches and get this filled up with crazy ideas from everyone.