Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest w i l l

Does Anyone Like Dance Music?

Guest w i l l
Nice mate. You may wanna post this over at UKTA !!

www.uktrancealliance.com

I posted it here. If you could give some feedback under it so it doesnt get lost in all the posts that would be a help.

Cheers!

Click Here

Guest kaiza

Big fan of electronic music, it's good music to work to because there generally aren't a lot of vocals.

Just a couple of suggestions on the page.

First, can you work in a volume control to the player? I have my volume up high and then turn down the volume in my media player so I can adjust up or down if a particular song is loud or soft. I don't like having to adjust the system volume for a single track.

Also, can you get tracks to queue, be selected randomly or better yet, be arranged into playlists? Better than having to pick a new song every time. Tangentially - cutting a deal with Last.fm to scrobble tracks to a users account would be awesome, but I guess highly unlikely.

Some of the small buttons below the player (comment, download, etc) are blurred from being too small or being resized. The aliasing on them making most of it grey rather than staying crisp white. You can change the alias settings of text in photoshop, or try using real text rather than buttons, or flash, etc. It's just a slight niggle.

Also, an About or FAQ tab would be good. I generally look for one of these for a brief overview on what the site's purpose or function is.

A report button would probably make sense too - i just came across a track that was blatantly rock music (GASP!).

Otherwise - an excellent idea, and it looks pretty good too.

Guest w i l l

Big fan of electronic music, it's good music to work to because there generally aren't a lot of vocals.

Just a couple of suggestions on the page.

First, can you work in a volume control to the player? I have my volume up high and then turn down the volume in my media player so I can adjust up or down if a particular song is loud or soft. I don't like having to adjust the system volume for a single track.

> Thanks for feedback. Yes we're looking into adding that.

Also, can you get tracks to queue, be selected randomly or better yet, be arranged into playlists? Better than having to pick a new song every time. Tangentially - cutting a deal with Last.fm to scrobble tracks to a users account would be awesome, but I guess highly unlikely.

> Currently the most recent mix is listed at the top. We did have a system whereby the mixes continuously played, but we thought it might be confusing if one mix played after another - you might not realise that you're now listening to the next mix.

Some of the small buttons below the player (comment, download, etc) are blurred from being too small or being resized. The aliasing on them making most of it grey rather than staying crisp white. You can change the alias settings of text in photoshop, or try using real text rather than buttons, or flash, etc. It's just a slight niggle.

> We'll look into that.

Also, an About or FAQ tab would be good. I generally look for one of these for a brief overview on what the site's purpose or function is.

> Thats a good idea.

A report button would probably make sense too - i just came across a track that was blatantly rock music (GASP!).

> Thats pretty funny - I thought the same thing when I heard those two tracks as well. There was a report button, for some reason we deleted it but I suppose it could be re-added.

Otherwise - an excellent idea, and it looks pretty good too.

> Thanks - the look will improve with future versions.

Guest w i l l

Hi,

We've now added 'da selected' and international artists to the top of the listing.

Our first dark.audio event will be hosted in London next month and we'll be showcasing artists from the site.

Cheers

Will

Guest douglas the 2

yea man i just dj'd an electro/house dance party the other night and it was freakin rad until cops showed up to shut us down.

im currently litsening to above & beyond's tri-state album

some of my fav songs now are :

move for me - kaskade & deadmau5

brazil (2nd edit) - deamau5

i remember (strobelite edit) - kaskade & deadmau5

from trentemøller

nightwalker

moan (trentemøller remix)

islande breeze (trentemøller remix)

in progress

mcklaren (trentemøller remix)

love comes again - tiësto

force of gravity, mercury & solace - BT

everybody everybody (benny banassi remix) - black box

these are just to name a very very very few

Well- you are doing an excellent job already in graphic design, Product design, your render farm, and now you code a youtube for DJs- What next? It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Guest w i l l
Well- you are doing an excellent job already in graphic design, Product design, your render farm, and now you code a youtube for DJs- What next? It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Thanks. Can't be that good otherwise I wouldn't be bankrupt. The next thing is more sketching to go on a new site and hopefully more product design, not general 3D. Arrgh!

Thanks for putting the dark audio thing on your blog as well - I keep a watch on that!