Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbiasotti

Solidworks Photoview 360

i figured out how to modify the colors. but you cannot save them and if perhaps more than one part in an assembly of 50 parts has the same material...wait for you...you cannot modify them all at once, you guessed it - one at a time. for efficiency/consistency that is really helpful - NOT!

happy to have budgeted $5k for a new rendering package in '09.

Can you go onto the SolidWorks user forum and post the SW file there? If not can you send it to SolidWorks? There are a few productivity killers in SW2009 SP1 version of PhotoWorks but I've not seen what you see in that JPEG before and I'm doing a lot of similar type of work to that.

I'd hold fire anyway on spending the 5k as I'm pretty sure these issues will be resolved as we go through the service patches with SW2009.

The workflow for PV360 is set up in SW2009 and apply appearances using realView. These are carried through into PV360 so you can apply whatever materials you desire in realView and the same materials should retain a "link" that they use the same material in PV360.

Post a few issues on the SW customer forum - PhotoView section. You will get a response.