Left Handed

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RAI_*

Guest_RAI_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

hello guys

am now working on research about the left handed people (am one of them ) , but i want some help from you about this subject like opinions, suggestions, advises and anything ...

and i will be gratefull for your helps ;)

#2 Guest_tyson brazille_*

Guest_tyson brazille_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

Not sure what to say...Check dis...Look at activities, for instance "cart-wheels" and "round-offs"...Experience has shown me that right and left handers sometimes turn the same direction when doing these activities, ask why this phenome occurs...

#3 Guest_Bassam Mansour_*

Guest_Bassam Mansour_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

The only thing i can tell you (and i'm quite sure),is that left handed is more intellegent than right one cause they use mmmmmmmm i'm not sure maybe the left or the right side of their brain..and that is a study,you search .
by the way i'm left handed......

#4 Guest_under-dog_*

Guest_under-dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

The only thing i can tell you (and i'm quite sure),is that left handed is more intellegent than right one cause they use mmmmmmmm i'm not sure maybe the left or the right side of their brain..and that is a study,you search .

Your grammer and sentence structure does not do justice to your thoery.

#5 Guest_Nephtis_*

Guest_Nephtis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

I actually looked this up a while back and apparently, many of the great artists were lefties. Leonardo da Vince, Van Gogh, Rafael, Michaelangelo etc. Normally, about 10% of all people are lefties but among great artists, the amount is much higher for some strange reason. The same goes for tennisplayers, there are more left handed tennis players than right handed...same goes also for fencers.

In some cultures left handed people actually are believed to bring good luck.

Also, it's an old wives tale that left handed people actually live shorter than right handed people.

So although Bassam Mansour might not be the best example, there is some point to his blabber.

Oh, and I'm right handed....!

#6 Guest_under-dog_*

Guest_under-dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

I actually looked this up a while back and apparently, many of the great artists were lefties. Leonardo da Vince, Van Gogh, Rafael, Michaelangelo etc. Normally, about 10% of all people are lefties but among great artists, the amount is much higher for some strange reason. The same goes for tennisplayers, there are more left handed tennis players than right handed...same goes also for fencers.

Also, it's an old wives tale that left handed people actually live shorter than right handed people.

So although Bassam Mansour might not be the best example, there is some point to his blabber.

I was not questioning the thoery in general. I just found the sharp contrast presented all in one statement amusing.

#7 tbroen

tbroen

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • At:Ideaal

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

I guess there are a lot of fun facts out there about left-handedness etc. By the way i can add that left handed people often are good at music and art, but they are also more prone to get mental illnesses such as schizophrenia :)

But what kinds of opinions, suggestions and advises are you looking for?
Cases to look into? Statistics? Theory of why you become left-handed or what? Products that could be made for left handed people? Products that are made for both left- and right handed people (Some mice & scissors etc.)?

If you specify it a bit more, then i guess you could get some more specific answers. Even though some are quite humorous to read :)

/tbroen

#8 Guest_RAI_*

Guest_RAI_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

Not sure what to say...Check dis...Look at activities, for instance "cart-wheels" and "round-offs"...Experience has shown me that right and left handers sometimes turn the same direction when doing these activities, ask why this phenome occurs...

you are right about this , i tried and its the same result . but i will ask about it . thanx :D

#9 Guest_RAI_*

Guest_RAI_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

i read about this . and i read that W.C. Fields said once "If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds." (from the whikipedia.com)

you are left handed ,so we are two now :D

#10 Guest_RAI_*

Guest_RAI_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton was left handed too ... am not sure , but i heard that 50% from the famous people are left handed.

but about bassam mansour , he said a right things , and i read many times about it.

#11 Guest_RAI_*

Guest_RAI_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

I guess there are a lot of fun facts out there about left-handedness etc. By the way i can add that left handed people often are good at music and art, but they are also more prone to get mental illnesses such as schizophrenia :D

But what kinds of opinions, suggestions and advises are you looking for?
Cases to look into? Statistics? Theory of why you become left-handed or what? Products that could be made for left handed people? Products that are made for both left- and right handed people (Some mice & scissors etc.)?

If you specify it a bit more, then i guess you could get some more specific answers. Even though some are quite humorous to read :)

/tbroen

hi tbroen ,

you can give me some cases and some products . by the way , my goal is for making a products for both not to specify for one group.

#12 Guest_The Boogey Man_*

Guest_The Boogey Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'm left handed and can't think of much I struggle with. I'm a weird one though, write left, throw right, kick left, tennis..... left, I think! But apart from the odd pair of scissors there's little I can think I've had problems with. But maybe I've adapted the way I use a lot of things so its less noticable?

I would of thought the majority products today that involve using hands take into consideration left and right users, I'd like to think it's the first design problem the designers should come up with.

I've always thought it would be weird using the mouse with the left hand, especially with those like this:
Posted Image

For some reason I'm right handed with this, even though I draw with my left. Even when rendering I have a lot more control using the mouse in my right hand. I wouldn't be suprised if this was me adapting to my surroundings, computers mice are always placed on the right side... who knows.

I'd be intrested to see what you come up with. But I think observing left handers would be better than asking.

#13 Guest_RedSkies_*

Guest_RedSkies_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

hello guys

am now working on research about the left handed people (am one of them ) , but i want some help from you about this subject like opinions, suggestions, advises and anything ...

and i will be gratefull for your helps :)

hey i got one for you, i forget where i heard this but its a good example of the difference between the way a righty thinks and the way a lefty thinks. if you had a box of popcorn and somewhere in it was one red kernel the way a righty's brain would go about finding it would be to go through every kernel one by one till they found it, a lefty would spread the kernels out and pick out the red one. The difference is probably most prominent in math where alot of rightys need to write out the equations and their work, where as a lefty can just see it in his or head, hence why a lefty hates showing the work cause it just an extra step not a neccesity, and if you cant already tell im a lefty so i dont care about my spelling or grammar, and also like two thirds of our presidents have been left handed, mccain and obama both are left handed, but obama's got that ugly ass lefty hook when he writes, its a hard habit to break but i did and now i dont look like a tard when i write (i only sound like one) and im pretty shure napoleon and alexander the great were both left handed.

#14 Guest_Siona_*

Guest_Siona_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

I'm feeling some bias in this thread. I'm right-handed, a designer, and a musician (trumpet), although I have noticed that a lot more than 10% of my design tutors are left-handed. They also all use mac books but that's irrelevant (or is it...?). Maybe being left handed does help with creativity, but it doesn't mean us righties can't keep up!

#15 halocooter

halocooter

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

when people post such open ended questions it leads me to believe all those that respond are doing the work of he who posted the question. you should be more specific in your question...this is not directly at this post only.

the only left handed designer i ever worked with couldn't draw or think...so she was no van gogh.

my wife is left handed and adapts well to right handed hand tools, fishing reels...but we do own(for instance) left-handed scissors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: