Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest trnce

Marker Pens? Magic?

Guest trnce

Hi,

I'm an architecture student and i've got some magic markers but they've seemed to go dry after like..2years....just wondering if there is like a refill solution or another brand that does refills with the same quality as magic markers...because they are quite expensive! 5 quid a pen!

I used them for perspective drawings, sketches, design ideas etc and they've served me well...but i was just wondering if there is a better make or a make where u get more for your money?

I've heard of Copic and Kuretake, some others too..

I would like to hear from you and all responses will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Terence

Guest exeption

At home I have a set of Letraset Tria 24 marker set - the new ones with a transparent barrel. (the frequently used ones have all dried out by now! :D ). I payed $70 for that and almost that much extra as shipment charges for that (Got it from blick art. www.dickblick.com).

At office I use Copics. I have refilled a few markers using copic's various ink, changed there nibs etc. Basically what I like about the Copic system is that the maintenance is relatively cheap (think tria!). The cost per various ink refill is much lower than the cartridge system on new tria set. And its cheaper than Tria system.

And try to use bleed proof marker pads.

I'm planning to change to copics now. And I would like to know about cheaper options form other experienced ones here. I've heard about something called a "Touch Twin" markers, but have no idea. I've sent a letter to them and there is no response yet. I'll update you if it is interesting..

Regards

Guest abar_sheytan

Copic is wonderful... tria has a great feel to them but yea they dry out easily and the caps are not that snug so they just fall out (lost a few markers like that :@) twin touch in my opinion are not as good as copics or tria bcoz their colors are mostly heavily saturated and dark.. however their grays are as good or even better than tria... but for pastel and pale colors i only use tria... pro markers are also good but hard to find and they don't have a variety of colours but they are like really smoothed out trias ;) hope this helps