Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Simple Bracelet Modeling

Guest kaiza

Ah, very clever Ragde! I couldn't get the side curvature of mine quite like yours. It occurred to me to use the wrap command but I thought it only worked on cylindrical objects. Apparently I was wrong! I also had trouble using boundary surfaces with the guide curves and profiles I was using, hence why I lofted instead. I thought that boundary surfaces were only for open surfaces rather than caps, so you have enlightened me Ragde! Well done!

Guest ChrisDuncan

post-23105-1228117668.jpg

no render, just the "Real View Graphics"

I kind of like this kind of challenge/tutorial, not a blow by blow so you have to do some thinking for yourself.

Guest JelleT

Unigrafics NX3 (not the render offcourse)

Took longer to set the wireframe than the surfacing.

Build a quarter and mirror, mirror gives you a complete bracelet

post-17934-1229083989.jpg

post-17934-1229084006.jpg

Guest Felke

I cannot seem to get the last part of your bracelet working.

I am trying to fix the surface fill, which is going to create the glass of the watch.

please see the attachment! Thanks....

post-7228-1247557378.jpg

Guest Felke

I am trying to fix the surface fill, which is going to create the glass of the watch.

anyone?!

Guest JelleT

anyone?!

Couldn't you just make an offset of the mainsurface and trim a round out of it? seems easier + has better surface quality.

I'm no expert at solidworks but you should be able to make some surface with a point as a 'section' and a quarter cirkel as the other section and than 2 guide lines. If you see what I mean. Don't try the hole surface at once, keep it simple and do a double mirror at the end.

Good Luck

Guest michal d

Hey,

thanks for great tutorials. they really thaught me a lot. I've got a problem with knit surface function. I've done everything, and have the whole bracelet built from surfaces, but cannot knit them and form a solid. I cannot find the source of a problem - the boundary surfaces all share the same edges, so there is no gap...can anyone help? thanks

post-34131-1258711774.jpg

Guest MikahB

Here's mine. Modeled in Inventor, rendered with Showcase. Inventor can not wrap like Solidworks can. The Inventor wrap method works only on cylindrical or conical faces - lame. Also, Inventor can only "bend" a part at a constant radius - not around an ellipse. So, it took me a little fussing to get a decent workflow.

Anyway, these are fun to do since they're so much different than what I normally work on (all mechanical stuff) and I learn something new every time. Thanks Ragde for the never-ending education!

Edit: Just noticed there is a surface problem with the translucent material in my first pic. I fixed the model and here's a better one.

post-33040-1263143100.jpg

post-33040-1263153798.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.