Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Simple Bracelet Modeling

Nice try Nurk!

But as you can see the Bracelet is oval (front view) and if you check the elevation view or the side view, the width is variable being wider at the top (in the middle). By the way, the cross section is an oval too (ellipse).

And BTW: What a beautiful rendering you produced!

See you all!

Guest kaiza

Hi Ragde, thanks for the feedback! I've had a couple of attempts but nothing that has captured the design intent (as i understand it) completely yet...

For some reason I haven't had much luck adding fill surface caps to the ends of the bracelet with either tangency or c1 continuity - normally this feature is happy to give me really wacky surfaces but it just fails on this...

Guest kaiza

OK, I think I've cracked it! I'm sure that there's a better way to do this though.

Interestingly, if you make the width of Sketch 3 wider, the lofted surface breaks in two and zebra stripes reveal a slight disjoint between the faces. There's also a disjoint between the caps and the loft face.

So when do we get to see how you did it Ragde? I want to know! :D

bracelet5.zip

post-3355-1219743511.jpg

Guest kimocal

Here's a quickie done in Pro/E.

The first one was just a Swept Blend with 2 Boundary Blends to make the end. Then it was mirrored and merged.

post-9000-1219771873.jpg

post-9000-1219771896.jpg

The first one didn't have the nice gradual point like Radge's so I used a Swept Blend then a Variable Section Sweep and then some Boundary Blends to cap off the end. Mirrored and merged.

post-9000-1219771912.jpg

post-9000-1219771929.jpg

post-9000-1219771936.jpg

Cheers,

KimoCal

Guest SteveMacc

Here's one done in Cinema 4D. Can't work out the Solidworks version yet.

post-16651-1219867129.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.