Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Live Design

Sketch Development

Guest Live Design

Hi everyone! its been a while since ive done any sketching. Heres a few ive done to try and get back into it. Please give me some opinions. They were all done in sketchbook pro.

Thanks

post-6926-1219140579.jpg

Check out www.idsketching.com - they have some good tutorials for understanding line weight and the perspective. Theres some nice areas in each drawing, but I can point out some pretty major flaws in each that keeps it from getting to where you want to be.

Mirror your drawing frequently to check your perspective and don't be afraid to go back in and correct it.

Guest Live Design

Hey cyberdemon, that mirroring tip is great! its so easy to spend 20 mins or so on a drawing without realizing how off it is. i went back to a few of the images i had posted and mirrored them and couldn't believe the difference or errors should i say! I checked out idsketching, thats a cool site with loads of useful tips.

Cheers for the comment, ill post again soon

Guest Lilith

i like the loose feel of your sketches, just needs a bit more contrast i think you will achieve it with various line weights as mentioned Cyberdemon but i still like the feel just the way it is, good luck!

Guest sachin

Red and green reminds me of Christmas! A general rule of thumb for rendering with color is warm on bottom, cold on top. Don't worry too much about that right now.

You are definitely progressing through practice, just remember to draw through. The loose style isn't bad, but do vary the line weights. A nice heavy lineweight on the bottom really grounds the sketch. Also, practice drawing a lot of ellipses as well.

Guest Live Design

thanks for your posts guys, your comments are really helping out! i know the last sketch still isnt perfect but its definitely a step in the right direction! i think with some of the sketches ive posted they just needed another layer on top with the varied line thicknesses and they would look a lot better, providing the perspective is correct!

littith: thanks for the comment, ive tried to get a bit more contrast in my last sketch, what do u think?

Sachin: lol i know what u mean about the xmas feel! cheers for the tip