Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AMVDesign

Concept Henosis Polycarbonate Version

Guest AMVDesign

This is the polycarbonate version of the Henosis, concept. Entire body and windshield are made from polycarbonate high density plastics. The vehicle is powered by hydrogen fuel cell with individual motors situated in the wheels.

henosis1to0.jpg

henosis2oh6.jpg

henosis3fe8.jpg

post-1-1218281742.jpg

Guest dogma911

It's nice, but I think it has some issues. How would you reverse, the rear is too high and there are no wing mirrors. Also, it looks particularly long, and coupled with reversing issues might make it very difficult to park. The door hinge also looks very small.

Having the gas and brake pedals on the steering unit is a terrible idea in my opinion. As a driver, going round a corner I would be accelerating up to the turn, and then simultaneously, braking, clutch in, changing gear and turning the wheel, this would not be possible with everything on the steering wheel or column. In early years of cars a lot of different layouts were used, the current one has lasted because it is the best. Flappy paddle gearboxes are turning up in more and more cars now but they have performance issues.

The last render looks very cluttered and it took me a while to decipher what it was. I dislike your steering 'wheel' as well, whilst driving my hands don't always sit at 10 and 2, and I would find it very frustrating with a 'wheel' like that. Is there a hole in the bottom of the seat, at the blue bit? And where are the seatbelts?

Does it have a boot (trunk), how do you reach it?

I like bits of it, and the model/render is nice, but I just think some parts haven't been thought through.

I know it seems like a lot of criticisms, but just trying to help!

Cheers, Bri.

Guest jmc

I don't really have time to formulate an elaborated analysis but overall, shapes and textures are too difficult to understand, and that must be what the judges have disliked. The fuzzy reflections on the body are hurting my eyes and the shape of the car is so strange that it doesn't look like a car any more: there's no element creating a feeling of familiarity that is essential in design! Also, there's no notes or explanations on the renders themselves, so maybe you've made some really innovative elements on your concept that the reader can't even notice!

Guest madmatt

Tre front grill looks like Audi's style, anyway great concept and nice renders...

What did you used for model & render it?

Bye

Guest AMVDesign
Tre front grill looks like Audi's style, anyway great concept and nice renders...

What did you used for model & render it?

Bye

Modeled with 3dsmax rendered with vray, thanks.

Guest AMVDesign
The contest is a pure joke.

Then why did you enter and why are you disappointed?

I say this from experience, this is my 3rd time entering the contest, before my entries were done in 2d rendering, which lacked the qualification that a 3D entry had. So this year I’ve poured my heart and soul and entered with a full on 3D project that took over a month to produce, and to my surprise i still wasn’t able to qualify for the @#$@#$ top 30 position, while a number of garbage entries had no design sense or proportion at all been selection for top 30...that is why I’m disappointed, if it were entries better than mine than i would of accepted and respected the judges decisions, and it would of even motivate me to push harder next time. But the pure utter crap that they selected this year was enough proof to see that they didn't want professionally done entries by design students they’d rather have amateur attempts and wacky ideas...it’s not a serious design contest like interior motive or Michelin Design, that is what i mean by a joke.

Guest csven

"The name Henosis translates into unity, oneness, a philosophy that inspired me to design a vehicle that unites with its driver as one, a connection between machine and human kind on a new level. A vehicle that would become one with its driver, having the computing power and technology to analyze the environment, driver’s mood, expression, and body temperature to provide social harmony with the most comfortable and safe driving experience yet."

I don't get this at all from your images. When you say "unites with its driver as one, a connection between machine and human kind on a new level", I expect more than a pretty standard concept interior. I expect the driver to wear a bio-sensing suit and a cranium (both of which are feasible, cutting-edge tech currently in active development).

"The design behind the Henosis concept was to explore new forms and possibilities for the future brand and vehicle construction. I wanted to push the limits of form and design that are outside the realm of vehicle guidelines, in order to obtain the unique body language."

Again, I don't think you've succeeded. The forms aren't all that "new" in a relative sense. Still four wheels. Two seats up front. Symmetrical. And a form that seems like it has some potential (in one little sketch added to a bigger image) but is mostly unresolved afaic. As to...

"The entire body of the vehicle is the space frame and form that is constructed with two clamp like parts made out of light weight carbon nano tube polished aluminum alloy."

this sounds alot like automotive designer Phil Kucera's student concept from 14 years ago (something I once blogged when reading about an Audi spaceframe concept). Replace "nano tube polished aluminum alloy" with "carbon fiber" and you could almost be describing his design.

"The vehicle is simple in its configuration, the hydrogen fuel cell and its tank are located at the back, with additional battery and superconductors at the front. The whole system delivers electric current to the quad motors located in each of the wheel units, allowing for instant acceleration and power delivered individual by each wheel making it economically efficient."

Considering I don't see room in the front wheels for motors, the rest looks suspiciously like bullsh*t. I read that and I get the feeling you've shoved as many buzzwords you can manage into this thing. If you can explain how the words actually align with the images, feel free.

"The interior is the interactive mobility center that reflects the gaming and entertainment functions, with the gas and brake pedals placed into the steering unit itself, in a way simulating the console game pad like controls that the younger generation well familiar with, allowing for faster response and simplified controls."

That's not a new idea. Even the Nissan Urge concept allowed the driver to switch to "game" mode while parked, iirc.

"The speedometer and head up display is projected onto the windshield itself, providing direct observational information and entertainment without distraction from the ultimate driving experience."

And HUD's have been around since forever, so again, not new.

I understand putting a lot of time into a project, but I don't understand denigrating the competition because you don't agree with the results. While you obviously put some time into this, I can't say this necessarily looks more professional than some amateur car designs I've seen. It looks like student work. Go figure.

And btw, what exactly is "light weight carbon nano tube polished aluminum alloy"?

Guest madmatt
The contest is a pure joke.

Then why did you enter and why are you disappointed?

I say this from experience, this is my 3rd time entering the contest, before my entries were done in 2d rendering, which lacked the qualification that a 3D entry had. So this year I’ve poured my heart and soul and entered with a full on 3D project that took over a month to produce, and to my surprise i still wasn’t able to qualify for the @#$@#$ top 30 position, while a number of garbage entries had no design sense or proportion at all been selection for top 30...that is why I’m disappointed, if it were entries better than mine than i would of accepted and respected the judges decisions, and it would of even motivate me to push harder next time. But the pure utter crap that they selected this year was enough proof to see that they didn't want professionally done entries by design students they’d rather have amateur attempts and wacky ideas...it’s not a serious design contest like interior motive or Michelin Design, that is what i mean by a joke.

Have you a link where i can view the 30 entries? I can't find it in the official site...

Bye

Guest JelleT

Peugeot Contest Website

Quote:

The definitively accepted designs, following receipt of the aforementioned letters, will be posted online on the PEUGEOT Internet site, as well as on dedicated competition sites in subsidiaries of the Peugeot brand, between 15 August and 15 September 2008.

Guest csven

I also went looking. Failing to find them and reading that they wouldn't be announced until tomorrow, I assumed contestants were given a sneak peek.

btw, I thought this relevant:

Create a Concept Car which is designed to evolve within the cities of the future, whilst retaining the key values of the 21st century. The projects should bear Peugeot's stylistic codes and must contain the following four aspects included in this design competition: environmental awareness, social harmony, interactive mobility and economic efficiency

I'm curious how the above entry attempts to satisfy this brief. I read that and the first thing that comes to mind are the MIT "city car" concepts.

Guest AMVDesign
I also went looking. Failing to find them and reading that they wouldn't be announced until tomorrow, I assumed contestants were given a sneak peek.

btw, I thought this relevant:

Create a Concept Car which is designed to evolve within the cities of the future, whilst retaining the key values of the 21st century. The projects should bear Peugeot's stylistic codes and must contain the following four aspects included in this design competition: environmental awareness, social harmony, interactive mobility and economic efficiency

I'm curious how the above entry attempts to satisfy this brief. I read that and the first thing that comes to mind are the MIT "city car" concepts.

Well technically the 21 century span is around 2008- 2100, my entry aims at a year around 2050 or so...from my personal understanding and point of view they did not suggest to develop a small compact car, yet i did think realistically seeing how fuel prices and congestion is a rising problem it's "the thing to do"...but it wasn’t .It is not suggestive to do so in the theme which more than half never follow anyway. But then they already had a developed concept called Moovie a while back which classifies as a micro mini town car so i didn't see the point of recreating another "Moovie", i don’t think in distant future micro cars are the only available type vehicle, i wanted to go into the category of performance two seater which is popular among exotic brands and demand.

For those who are interested, this entry made the top 30 selection...you decide ;)

http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5478

Guest markovicd

well my friend why are you acting like a child.. ? you didn`t enter so what.. neither have i... and compare my work to yours... and neither did my enter to finals. Better luck next time ... we are not judges they are... thats the problem about design .... tastes are diffrent...

Guest AMVDesign
well my friend why are you acting like a child.. ? you didn`t enter so what.. neither have i... and compare my work to yours... and neither did my enter to finals. Better luck next time ... we are not judges they are... thats the problem about design .... tastes are diffrent...

"compare my work to yours"

This is why im disappointed, our work met the standard if not over done it and still for no apparent reason or clue it didn't go thought, while work done by a one of amateur playing around in a 3d software makes the selection. SO from all this i see two things happening, one they are not in favour of design students entering the contest since we are trained to do this thus they seek outsider entries as source for creativity...or two, this competition is pure bull @#$@#$ so stop wasting your time with it and move on with other business. Which do you make of it?

I’m not complaining, i’m sharing my opinion and experience...but wouldn't you say it's fare to choose professional entries done by us student designers who are constantly in need of exposure and support, rather than select those who randomly just enter and hit a mark to broad way exposure while they lack talent and creativity...im not saying all entries they choose lack creativity, im sure to expect a number that are good but the rest will be bottom standard. The way i see it there will be a number of people getting huge exposure with low key work, while others like us who strive to create original and professional work get shut down and hidden away, i just don’t get this design competitions anymore and this design industry it seems more or less like a big scam, its stupidly competitive and unpredictable but heck it’s the only thing i’m good at so take it or leave it i ain’t giving up .

Guest markovicd

who said you have to give it up... ? you can only work harder... i work 8(sat,sun) hours per day ... and train ( kick boxing , gym ) 1hour ... and still have time for everything... because design is my obssesion ...

this time it wasnt good next time it will be better... dont worry friend... ;)