Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vapnet

Wacom Sketches

Guest Pascal_de_Boer

my experience is that rendering in sketchbook is difficult. you can't make hard edges with the pencils. that's the main reason why (mine opinion)

maybe it will improve your render when you work with layers in sketchbook. to add a bit more colour then just gray.

It is a while ago, that i used my wacom for sketching. can't find the right driver for my mac. so if I'm wrong with my input i wrote, sorry for that.

For your cars, the design looks oke. but the wheel that is behind, is most of the time a bit to much ellipse. make is more like the front wheel.

Try a bit more rubber on your tires. And perhaps some more details. beside 'outlines' on a product you have much more lines. a car isn't build out of one bodywork part.

This critiques are just details to improve, your sketches are already looking good(but there is always better).

Pascal

Guest Kaiyuan

The sketches are pretty cool. You're lines seem to have confidence in them, and that's important. A little more attention to perspective (especially around the wheels in the rear views) would help, because some of the rear tires seem over-turned-out.

Keep it up!

Guest under-dog
my experience is that rendering in sketchbook is difficult. you can't make hard edges with the pencils. that's the main reason why (mine opinion)

maybe it will improve your render when you work with layers in sketchbook. to add a bit more colour then just gray.

It is a while ago, that i used my wacom for sketching. can't find the right driver for my mac. so if I'm wrong with my input i wrote, sorry for that.

For your cars, the design looks oke. but the wheel that is behind, is most of the time a bit to much ellipse. make is more like the front wheel.

Try a bit more rubber on your tires. And perhaps some more details. beside 'outlines' on a product you have much more lines. a car isn't build out of one bodywork part.

This critiques are just details to improve, your sketches are already looking good(but there is always better).

Pascal

You can make hard edges in sketchbook pro. Which is I assume what we are talking about here. The default pencil maybe not but if you make a custom tool you have the option to set you edge condition.