Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vapnet

Wacom Sketches

Guest vapnet

Hey, been a while since i`ve posted. I often have problems getting the right proportions in my car sketches. Here's one im satisfied with though. Have tried to find some "rules" for the proportions but I can't really find any good so im asking for some advice.. crituiq's welcome!

post-6582-1217434710.jpg

Guest PEDROBRAS

Hey I like that, I just bought one tablet..but I'm still adapting to it...I believe its gonna take sometime to reach something like your sketch...BTW wich software did you use for that?

thanks!

Pedro

Guest vapnet

Engio.. thx

Pedro.. I used alias sketchbook, very simple and easy to work with...

Guest vapnet

fblacka...well yeah, Im waiting for a call from Mazdadesigncenter.. =)

thx rewire

Guest vapnet

tried to to make a "fast render" turned out ok, not more not less I think. Still miss something, my cars look boring and Im not refering to the design. proportions? or is it as easy as linework?

post-6582-1217978000.jpg

Guest Bowl of Soup

I like this last one, it does remind me of my mazda 3 GT. Tips for wacom, the only thing I can remember from when I had a tablet without a screen was that there was a 2-3 week period that I needed to work up to my paper sketching level and that this skill faded over time so that I had to re-introduce myself to the tablet. Now with my wacom screen, there is less workup time. The drawing lag in large apps like photoshop is an issue, but this is the same for everyone using photoshop. I still sketch on paper and scan stuff in because I throw away a lot of sketches and I find this is faster.

It is really tricky to do small details on a small tablet, I always ended up zooming in and out a lot to get details. For renders this is key, I am not sure how sketchbook works exactly, but photoshop has a navigator 'thumbnail' window that makes zooming and detail work easier. Don't know if you noticed this, but you get better results on a wacom tablet the straighter or more perpendicularly upwards you hold the pen, tilting the pen from vertical can do funny things and getting used to this type of drawing was tricky for me.

Hope this helps, good stuff.

Adam.

Guest vapnet

Thanks for your thoughts Adam! you`re right about the period of "upgrading" your sketchlevel with the wacom.

Heres another quickie.. 10-20 min. I know I should be drawing one really tight instead of three relly sloppy but I dont have the pacient... =/

post-6582-1228380669.jpg