Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yopidjau

Yopi Djauhari's Portfolio

Guest yopidjau

hi,

Im about to graduate soon and already started looking for a job in Singapore (hopefully I can get it) so I need some comment & critic about my portfolio so I can know my weakness that I could improve on.

Here's the link to my portfolio, Yopi Djauhari's portfolio and I would be grateful if you can give me any feedback, comment and critic.

thanks for spending you time looking at my portfolio, I appreciate it very much.

ps: any company located in Singapore interested in me, feel free to contact me at yopidjau@gmail.com

Guest industrial_poptart

I think you should pay more attention to the style references you are selecting for some projects. I think the beetle one is appropriate for your watering robot, but for example I don't know why the form of the petro lamp magazine rack looks like an old fashioned television. Also, on the phone, I'm not sure what's the technical advantage of being able to have a hook to hang your phone... is it supposed to be worn around your ear??? seems a little bit awkward. Hmmmm.... Your renderings and sketches look great and you do a nice job of showing your thought process and thoughts on how it would be manufactured. Well, that's all I got!

Guest yopidjau

hi, the reason for the hanger is to have a function hanging it on your LCD monitor ( yes, only LCD) cause you the problem of cluttered computer table, so by hanging on the monitor could buy you some space. for the lamp, the aim is to create a warm mood lamp and from what i found that 70&80's theme is very suitable for the "warm" effect and the hood like shape in the lamp is to control the light distribution to the environment. hope it can explain those question :)

thanks for the comment and questions, industrial_poptart!