Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest luv_design

Product Sketching And Marker Rendering Technique Dvds

Guest luv_design

does anyone know of any sketching or marker rendering technique material to help me improve. preferably dvds so that i can watch it done first hand, however if there are any particularly good books that anyone knows of.

thankyou.

Check out Gnomon Workshop.

They have lots of HQ video tutorials for both manual and digital drawing techniques as well as 3d modeling.

Look around on the page - there are MANY different DVD's and you'll probably find some that suits your needs to learn. I.e. Scott Robertson makes some good tutorials on drawing vehicles and products, and so does Harald Belker. I haven't seen that many of the videos, but there are definitely several worth a look.

With regards to the books, try and search the forum, I've seen several treads about recommended books.

Regards

/tbroen

Guest MKS

Mechanika: Creating the Art of Science Fiction with Doug Chiang (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanika-Creating-S...ref=pd_sim_b_13

Doug Chiang, the Star Wars 1 & 2 art director

his maker pen skill is amazing, influences many concept artists and designers

this book includes 30+ tutorials, from traditional media to digital one

and it's price is so cheap

in average, you only pay 50 cents for each nice tutorial. Highly recommend....

Guest nikhil

check out the book called --- sketching - drawing techniques for product designer by- koos eissen..

i think will help you a lot.....

Guest cjs33139

I have that book by Koos Eissen and it's not as good as I thought it would be. It's awesome for examples of great work, but if you're looking for a book to show you how to draw or one on how to render in markers, it DOES NOT show you any techniques. I wonder even why the book was created, other than a great coffee table book.

I like the old school, Dick Powell book if you want specifics on how to render in markers.

Guest abar_sheytan

Try Design Sketching, it's a swedish book that even our prof. recommended. It's a fantastic book.