Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgabry

www.jgabry.com

Guest jgabry

www.jgabry.com CHECK IT OUT...

I HAVE ADDED NEW UPDATES, MORE PROJECTS, MORE LINKS, AND LESS OF ME STICKING OUT MY TONGUE.

I know A LOT of you have seen it. UNFORTUNATELY, few of you have decided to offer up some critiques and feedback.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME... AND COMMENTS.

jcard_FRONT.jpg

Guest desagree

nice website- good illustrations- but your hand drawings are not always convincing..

i like the preview/roll over function- it helps, communicates and invites at the same time!

;)

Guest cmegens

You already score points by not using coroflot, like everybody else here does (there is something about templates and predefined profiles which shows that the user of the coroflot page is just a lazy or incompetent bastard :D) So bravo for your effort and work. Furthermore site looks really good and clear, explains thing well.

Just 2 buts:

1. size. What is the ideal screensize for webpage? Your nav-bar is the only aspect that alters to bigger sizes. (try a 1600x1200 resolution, and pull your window into different sizes)

2. personal touch. I don't know you and I don't know your personality. Unfortunately your site also doesn't show this (it should not tell me explicitely, but it should imply something of your character). Although your designs look great, is the personal touch that gives you the extra mile (and that's a mile ahead of the competition)

good luck

Guest soneca

Hi there!

The site looks very nice!

Just some technical questions: you could try building it in a diferent way, maybe using flash; for example, the texts shouldnt be made on images, it makes it heavier (more Kb) and sometimes the text get a little dirty (because of the compression). Or, if you use text on images, try making the images smaller, breaking it and optmizing it.

I think its all. Flash would work very well. Thats how i would do it.

The rest is great. Congratulations.

Sorry for bad english.

Guest IanVV

Definitely check out your site on monitor set to a high resolution. The links extend to the right beyond the wood-grain bar which I don't think you intend and does not look so good. You should also be careful with the type. The way it is rasterized it looks pretty rough. It generally works better to rasterize or render the type into a bitmap at a larger size and then shrink it, but you still may end up needing to retouch it by hand. Or you could save yourself a headache and use larger type or real type instead of bitmap.

BTW, I studied across the oval from you a few years back at the school of dance.

Guest jgabry

thanks for all of the feedback.

i will certainly use all of your comments to update my site, and make it better.

i was hoping to get more feedback on the content of the site (my work) rather than the site itself (though I really appreciate the feedback on the site).

Y'know some good critiques to help me land a JOB.

THANKS AGAIN!

Your portfolio shows a great amount of different skills, well done! Good and well explained presentations of your projects. I like your graphics&illustration skills most.. your figure illustrations are really nice, but some of them lack a little bit contrast in my opinion. But maybe that's just your style. Oh and your sketchbook is really cool!

I have discovered some bugs&glitches in your website:

- One broken link: 'taurus' from the graphic section

- Where is the link to this site? <_>