Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest zhuma

Zhum Transportation Design

Guest Austin Brown
Well. I'm one of those people who don't like to break the mold when it works well is so deeply rooted into an industry. James Bond, as a franchise, has always used Aston Martins since the time of Sean Connery. There was one slip up where they used a bmw Z3 but for the most part when James Bond is driving a car, he's driving an Aston. That's why when I saw your portfolio (which is TINY by the way. I can't see anything on there) I just saw the big lambourgini logo and just thought, "nope". Granted that this is purely out of my bias (I love Astons) but if you did any research into what makes "Bond" then AM would have been the way to go.

What about the Lotus Esprit? (come to think of it, his Lamborghini concept looks a little bit like a modernized Esprit, albeit without Lotus' current organic theme)

and the citroen 2CV!

There was one slip up where they used a bmw Z3 but for the most part when James Bond is driving a car, he's driving an Aston.

In the first Brosnan movie it was a Z3. In his second role as Bond, he was tooling around in a remote controlled M5 which he remotely controlled off a multi level car park into another building. And in the third 007 featuring Pierce, the transportation was, you guessed it, the short lived Z8, which the villain sawed in half. However in the opening scenes of at least a couple of those movies, he was behind the wheel of a vintage Aston, a DB4 I think.

There have been a number of occasions where the series veered from tradition, but usually it defaults to Aston. Although, funnily enough, most of the half dozen or so Astons used in Brosnan's last Bond flick were packing Ford V8s for sound.

Guest NickFowke

This isn't meant as a criticism, it’s just what first came to mind when I found it!?

The drop off on the nose reminded me of the Spyker C8, the lights were rather reminiscent of the new Renault and the sharp angles of the body seem similar to the Gallardo (I do realise it's ment to be a Lambo though)

zhuma's original design

PDForumJB.jpg