Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest -DG-

-dg-'s Gallery

Guest -DG-

Hi there! My first post here i think.

Hope you like it...

Here are some marker sketches made in the lessons "Product Presentation Drawing"

all pictures are clickable for 1600px wide.

1: Female mixer:

PPT_1_S.jpg

2: MP3 player:

PPT_2_S.jpg

3: Glass:

PPT_3_S.jpg

4: Chrome:

PPT_4_S.jpg

5: Exploded view (just for the fun):

PPT_5_S.jpg

6: Exploded view from another project on school:

PPT_6_S.jpg

7: Plugs & Mobile phones

PPT_7_S.jpg

8: Sewing machine:

PPT_8_S.jpg

All, exept for the glass, are on a3 paper. Only the plugs and the left two glasses are draw from a model (correct pronouncement?), the rest is all own design.

Later on I will post some other stuff like tabletpc sketches and some renders.

Nice to see these drawings. I did a similar drawing course at TU Delft.

Add some core shadows (use some grey markers) to your objects to add more depth

Guest -DG-

Thanks. :) I am from University Twente, and those drawing courses are indeed very similar.

I have used grey markers to get core shadows, but they may be a bit light. The darker ones I’ve got don’t mix very well with my markers. Darker versions of every coloured markers would be very nice, but they are so expensive. :)

Guest Lilith

:clapping: very very nice i just didnt get why the mixer was female ? :)

and a question, what did you use for number 4 chrome? markers? pink looks awsome! :) i also like the way you can make a bit loose sketch and then a tighter one, both look cool!

#5 exploded view

doesnt read as an exploded view.

why?

well the location of the shell looks like its flying out of the garage w/ no wheels.

and the chassis, isnt lined up with the car. so it looks like its running on the side of the shell

over all good sketchwork.

but work on your renderings, most of them feel a bit... arbitrary and too messy.

Guest PEDROBRAS

Wow...nice renders, but i have to say that in a first look i thought the female mixer looked like a shoe design (upside down)...hahaha

but it's cool anyway..

congrats!

Guest -DG-

Thanks all. :o

:clapping: very very nice i just didnt get why the mixer was female ? :)
We had to draw different mixers (those in the kitchen) the whole lesson: boxed shaped mixer, rounded mixers, angry mixers, fat mixers, etc. Each item 15min/sheet. And the final one was that the guys had to draw female mixers and the girls male mixers. Those two were also done within 15 minutes (which is a really short time).

Why this one is female? Because of the shape, the colour, or maybe the other end useable for something else...? :P

Decide for yourself. :D

and a question, what did you use for number 4 chrome? markers? pink looks awsome! :) i also like the way you can make a bit loose sketch and then a tighter one, both look cool!
The chrome is all marker and a bit pastel for the brown and blue parts.

#5 exploded view

doesnt read as an exploded view.

why?

well the location of the shell looks like its flying out of the garage w/ no wheels.

and the chassis, isnt lined up with the car. so it looks like its running on the side of the shell

I know, but it wasn't that serious at all.

For an exploded view it could be better though, you're right.

over all good sketchwork.

but work on your renderings, most of them feel a bit... arbitrary and too messy.

A bit my style but the "messyness" could indeed use a bit more structure. Trying to get it look fast or loose but still clean. Thanks for the comments, keeps me focused & advancing. ;)

Wow...nice renders, but i have to say that in a first look i thought the female mixer looked like a shoe design (upside down)...hahaha

but it's cool anyway..

congrats!

Thanks. :)

By the way, i scored a 9 (out of 10), which was the highest from the class. B)

theres a difference between style and being wrong or lookin bad.

i had a feeling you would say that.

but keep working on it.

you need to be able to come up with a style that is loose, but like you said is "structured" as well.

for example, if you are gettin your work critiqued by a client or teacher, you cant juss be like oh thats my "style"

so yea... keep working on it, im sure ull be able to create that style that you want.

Guest -DG-

I agree on that.

Marker rendering is still relatively new for me and I also think it can improve a lot.

I'll keep working on it. :o