Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbiasotti

Hypershot - Lack Of Decals

Guest mbiasotti

For those of you that have used Hypershot and also have familiarity with PhotoWorks can you please answer the following question:

Are you successful using Hypershot for your production work, given the inability to bring decals over from your SolidWorks model?

Thank you, in advance, for your response

Regards

Mark

Guest MER

Hello Mark. I can't respond with a direct answer to your question, but I can say that I have been looking at Hypershot closely but haven't picked it up yet due to the handling of decals.

MER

Guest JelleT
For those of you that have used Hypershot and also have familiarity with PhotoWorks can you please answer the following question:

Are you successful using Hypershot for your production work, given the inability to bring decals over from your SolidWorks model?

Thank you, in advance, for your response

Regards

Mark

Depends on the number of decals you want to add to your model and the complexity of the surfaces. In almost all of the times Hypershot gives you such a high level quality render you won't even miss the decals. I would prefer a Hypershot render above a Photoworks one. I'll add the decals in photoshop, even with that extra step it saves me time.

I read on the Hypershot forum that SWX textures and mapping don't transfer to Hypershot (yet?).. it's a known problem and they're working on it I believe.

Guest arport

It is very frustrating adding decals in photoshop afterwards, but i would still deal with that than try to render in photoworks anymore. I have been using only solidworks and photoworks my entire professional career and i love building in solidworks. i recently bought hypershot and after years of frustration with photoworks i expect to photoshop heavily after rendering an image. with hypershot i only have to photoshop the decals and not 75% of the rendering as i was doing before with photoworks. hope this helps

-a

Guest triax

I may be wrong here as I only looked at the first release, I couldn't make use of the trial as decals for example printed text on a part couln't be brought across and with structural packaging that's quite helpful.

I think hypershot gave me some idea of a work around but had not the time to look at.

T.

Guest JelleT

This is a quote from the Hypershot Board admin.

HyperDrive is in its second release (V2) and is marketed exclusively to the transportation industry. HyperDrive has some very specific features developed for the needs of car designers thus it commands a premium price and is not sold on the web. It has texture mapping, decals, lights, many more features and of course driving.

HyperMove, shipping soon, is a subset of HyperDrive that will be priced in the range of HyperShot. It has been designed to allow creative people to generate animations previously only done by experts in 3D. Some of the animations created with HyperMove are on our website. These animations can be created and rendered in minutes with this new tool.

For those of you who attended Siggraph '08, detailed demonstrations of HyperMove were shown to an enthusiastic audience. It is a real product and are very excited about it. We hope you will be too.

HyperShot for images, HyperMove for animation, HyperDrive for the auto industry.

And another

Don't worry...HyperMove has most of what HyperDrive has only no driving. That means it has texture mapping, multi layer decals, and much more.

So it basically means everyone actually wants HyperMove instead of Hypershot ;)