Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mengyupeng

Yacht Design

Guest mengyupeng

The first design work in the Product Design Forums ,I am a sophomore student and I would like discussing with other designers.Thanks

post-18088-1212467037.jpg

post-18088-1212467093.jpg

Guest alexjoe

Hi!

Its nice yacht, well done.

There's something i want to tell, it looks like a combination with helicopter and ship.

If u can let these two things well merged, that will be great.

Guest Skint

Your images look nice enough. ^^ I have no idea where the helicopter bit is though lol. What is the purpose of the automated trash image?

Guest acinonyx

a little to steep for my taste..looks like a beneteau antares type but.....but..

need the specifications to comment on this...why the segmantation..and the stairs are so steepwithout a handle bar?

Guest mengyupeng
Your images look nice enough. ^^ I have no idea where the helicopter bit is though lol. What is the purpose of the automated trash image?

its a another picture,i post carelessly,i want to delete it but i dont know how to do

Guest mengyupeng
a little to steep for my taste..looks like a beneteau antares type but.....but..

need the specifications to comment on this...why the segmantation..and the stairs are so steepwithout a handle bar?

yes you are right.the model is finished by 3D software of pro engineer which i am not skilled in.the question of "the stairs are so steepwithout a handle bar"its my fault.

Guest mengyupeng
Hi!

Its nice yacht, well done.

There's something i want to tell, it looks like a combination with helicopter and ship.

If u can let these two things well merged, that will be great.

hehe can you tell me who is mom who is dad?make a joke

Guest John Fitzsimmons

the visual ballance bothers me. ie, it looks top heavy, perhaps a uncomfortable feeling. Plus visual weight of aft upper deck is overwhelming the swim platform style lower deck. If you were standing closer to it the effect will be amplified, due to perspective. I suspect that you would have actual balance problems also when there is a load on the upper deck under power in 4 food waves!

Guest Nephtis

I don't think balance would be a problem, it is just a matter of the amount of weight at the top and the bottom. The top could be made out of lightweight materials. It might be a problem in the fact that it is catching wind (which could be a lot at sea). I think it is a great effort and I don't know enough about Yachts to criticise the design.

The shape however looks a bit underdeveloped in regard to the front window. All windows look like they are cut out of the outer shape but aren't designed to be apart of the entire design. They look added afterwards.

For a sophomore project I think it is a nice result. However as others mention, it looks very top heavy almost like a 3 story building, and it looks like you have chosen a flat bottom design, which probably isn't that stable and hydrodynamic (at low speeds). It looks like it sits very high in the water (would be easier to judge with a side view picture with a waterline).

You should also consider the graphical lines the windows create. not only from the side, but also in 3D. Here I'm mainly talking about the view on the first picture.

But the renderings look good. Maybe a bit too much brightness on the second one - but it's okay.

/tbroen

Guest Lilith

nice project, i like the renderings very much, i am sorry if you already answered for this but what id you use for creating the reflection in water? thanks