Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fblacka

π

Guest fblacka

Hello everyone,

As the title sais, this was my entry for the Marksman competition ...

These pages were done in a hurry, so im not satisfied with them at all ... they miss context pictures, better model, better renders and i dont think they tell the story either ...

Anyways, here they are:

marksman1sxa2.jpg

marksman2sak5.jpg

marksman3sjq2.jpg

... sorry for my bad english.

Guest Steve.id

the colour palette is really nice, good to see something different and still works well. Just with that last page for me it starts to get a little to busy and theirs no real heirachy in which to view it (but i realise you did say that these were rushed so thats probably why.)

Possibly some detail views to further explain the ideas but other than that looks good and want to see more.

Guest yodesign

I don't understand how does it work. With post-is inside, the pen should be heavy??

Guest fblacka

Steve,

thanks for the comment, i totally agree with you ... right now, i cant decide whether to restart this project and finish it properly or let it go ... i mean dunno if its worth the time and energy ... id have to remodel it cos im not satisfied with the shape and proportions are off a bit too ... not sure about the concept either ...

yodesign,

one side is a pen, the other works like an "adhesive tape feeder" ... sorry, dunno how is it called ...

about your other question: the tape inside the pen wouldnt be the standard paper weight ... much thinner and lighter ... something similar to what is used in a correction tape, just a bit thicker, so you can remove the post-it at any time ...

BICWOTAPP11.jpg

btw, i dont think its a problem if a pen has some weight ... gives you the sense that has some material inside, isnt a cheap plastic gadget ...

Guest yodesign
yodesign,

one side is a pen, the other works like an "adhesive tape feeder" ... sorry, dunno how is it called ...

about your other question: the tape inside the pen wouldnt be the standard paper weight ... much thinner and lighter ... something similar to what is used in a correction tape, just a bit thicker, so you can remove the post-it at any time ...

btw, i dont think its a problem if a pen has some weight ... gives you the sense that has some material inside, isnt a cheap plastic gadget ...

OK, understood. But to me, weight is a problem, especially at the top, strange to write. But yeah, I don't think the paper weighs 1 ton...!

Guest fblacka

grasshoper,

again ... totally agreed ... "Design the perfect pen" ... first thing that came in to my mind when read this was: it has to be something very simple, but unfortunately this was a school project too ... i think i can say that we pretty much had to do some functional innovation ...

they do this all the time ... we are doing competitions as school projects but i dont think that teachers have a clue how should a winner entry look like ... at least they conceal it very well ...