Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
tbroen

"getting Things Done" - Gtd In Practice

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here are so structured that they use "getting things done"-like methods to be more productive and "stress-free" in their everyday work.

For those who doesn't know the principle. GTD is a method to structure and organize all those thoughts you always have in your head, which in some cases makes you less productive, as it is difficult to focus on a given task at hand.

On lifehacker.com it is shortly described as this:

GTD embodies an easy, step-by-step and highly efficient method for achieving this relaxed , productive state. It includes:

* Capturing anything and everything that has your attention

* Defining actionable things discretely into outcomes and concrete next steps

* Organizing reminders and information in the most streamlined way, in appropriate categories, based on

how and when you need to access them

* Keeping current and “on your game” with appropriately frequent reviews of the six horizons of your

commitments (purpose, vision, goals, areas of focus, projects, and actions)

Implementing GTD alleviates the feeling of overwhelm, instills confidence, and releases a flood of creative energy. It provides structure without constraint, managing details with maximum flexibility.

I think, as designers, we all probably constantly have plenty of ideas in our head - I know I have - But the question is then: How do you deal with these ideas? Do you write them down? Forget them? Execute them or what do you do to keep yourself and your ideas organized?

For those how are interested in more on GTD:

David Allens Homepage: GTD David Allen

And the best one: Lifehacker.com (search for GTD or simplified GTD)

/tbroen