- - - - -

Coffeetime

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_edvil_*

Guest_edvil_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

The main concept is, on the interface of a coffee machine we can make it easy for the user to choose his/her own coffee taste preference. The buttons indicates the amounts of coffee, sugar and cream, by the way they offer different combinations of ingredients.

The priciple is that, for a dark coffee, the user selects the shade brown button; for a more lighter coffee, selects the brown which is more tint. And for the most lighter coffee, he selects the brown of the most tint brown color. The process is the same for the sugar and cream preferences. To start the application, the user presses the green button.

Here, my aim was to create a communication just with colors, so I refused using plus or minus buttons or any written massages.

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Nephtis_*

Guest_Nephtis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

I like the concept of having colors or icons for the interface. It is new and innovative for this product. There are a couple of things that I don't like however.

First of all, the colors aren't right, cream isn't that yellow, sugar isn't orange/pink, it's confusing if you don't know which is which. Second, I think the coffeemaker isn't big enough to house the components to mix the ingredients. Also, do you need such a large space for the sugar? It seems to me that it could do with half that space.

Also, mixing the ingredients internally would be a messy process, you would have to be able to clean the system were the 3 ingredients mix. Otherwise, a black coffee drinker would taste the cream of the previous user. (which to a coffee fanatic would be a sure no-no :P ). A solution would be to have seperate nozzles for the ingredients or a system that ensure that the coffee, cream and sugar would come through the nozzle and than the remaining part of hot water to fill the cup. This water would clean the system and fill the cup.

About the shape, I think it is a bit under developed. Now it looks to much like the Philips Senseo with your new features. This could be a coincidence of course!! I would add a bit more detail to the base and top. Especially the base doesn't persuade you to put your cup on platform. It looks like it wasn't meant hold the cup since there is no clear spot to place it. Perhaps a more curved surface with a circular platform for the cup? In general, it now looks to me as a bit geometrical in shape.

Please keep in mind that this is constructive critisme, just trying to make the product better!!

#3 Guest_John Fitzsimmons_*

Guest_John Fitzsimmons_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

clever concept. beware of making it to subtle, not everyone is 22 years old and sober. Some people are so verbel that they are disconnected from any visual symbols and would not be able to figure this out, so in practice I think you would need both the color and written lables. maybe the color and graphic symbols would work, on the cream section you could have a picture of a cow.

#4 Guest_Lilith_*

Guest_Lilith_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

beautiful layout! :clapping: love the concept!
what did you use to render? vray?

#5 Guest_Phart_*

Guest_Phart_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

Lilith, the past few minutes I read a couple of posts, and in every post you ask with what program is rendered, you want to know what program is good to render with???

#6 Guest_superbad_*

Guest_superbad_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

Were you trying to knock off the Senseo form?

Attached File  senseo_black.jpg   48.03KB   17 downloads

I've never seen a coffee machine that puts the sugar in for you. Not saying that's good or bad. Storing cream inside the machine (unless you're using nasty powdered fake cream) presents its own problems too.

#7 Guest_Lilith_*

Guest_Lilith_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Lilith, the past few minutes I read a couple of posts, and in every post you ask with what program is rendered, you want to know what program is good to render with???

:):) this is funny, yeah probably i do ask that question a lot, just want to see which program is better or worse for specific shapes, materials, colors etc, to compere, i just keep asking , as people rarly answer anyway, but thanks for your attention to my posts :) so do you have anything you want to share with me then?

#8 Guest_ada_*

Guest_ada_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

beautiful layout! :clapping: love the concept!
what did you use to render? vray?

may i love you?

#9 Guest_Shi.kexue_*

Guest_Shi.kexue_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

I haven't posted here in some time, so thought you might like a peek at what I've been up to for the past year :)

'incus' is the name of my recently completed major project; a personal listener and home alert for the hard of hearing. The project has been undertaken in collaboration with the Royal National Institute for the Deaf and seeks to the address the problem of social isolation caused by personal listening products, whereby users are cut off from audible events such as the telephone ringing.

The attached photos are of the working prototype I built, which features visual, audible and physical feedback through use of RGB LEDs, headphone output and a vibration motor. Users are able to adjust the volume, and stop alerts by pressing the screen which doubles up as the dismiss button. Provision is also made for wearing the product with a belt clip, which also features a widget for attaching a lanyard or wrist strap.

*Prototype video*

In the design I've strived to achieve a good balance between an aesthetic that is discrete, yet still desirable as a consumer product considering the niche market and generally uninspired design of products in this market. Comments and feedback welcome ;)

Portfolio

i do admire the idea, great job!
not familiar with this specific market, so dont really know how innovative is this particular device, i just thought the exterior could be a bit more fun :) but this is just me
how heavy is the object?
ps. why didnt you post this image as well? http://www.coroflot...._...;sort_by=1

your portfolio is awsome :clapping:

That particular image is a render of the original design, before I changed it; all the images that I've posted here are photos of the real thing.

With regard to weight, my target was around 100g - which I just about met. The heaviest elements internally are the PCB, and the battery; a 6V half AA cell commonly used in pocket cameras. People have commented upon the aesthetics not being radical enough; my target market is largely made up of elderly users (although not exclusively) due to age related hearing loss. For these users, familiarity with existing products such as mobile phones and TV remotes is quite important.

good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store