Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Serveza

Labelling products

Guest Serveza

For my final project in the graphic design program at my university, I have decided to create a tour that stops at four raves across the world. As a part of my deliverables, I am submitting a water bottle, a bottle of suntan lotion, and a bottle of anti-bacterial handwash in a backpack. All of these items have to be branded with my tour company's logo.

What I thought was I'd just get some clear plastic labels and use my inkjet to print on them and put them onto de-labeled containers. The only thing is the water bottle - I want one of those sturdy, reusable ones (not the recyclable ones) but they all have screenprinted logos on them already. Any suggestions of ones that don't have that, or how to remove such a logo?

For the backpack, I'm looking for high-quality iron-on labels as I have no idea how to use a silkscreen press and don't really have the time either. Any suggestions on a brand to use? I can probably find them in a supply store near me (I'm in the Toronto area).

Any help is appreciated. Also, if you know of places that would print directly onto products like these as one-offs, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

Guest robulation

If it is just a representational model and not to be put through its paces then there are transfers called Letraset (in the UK) and you can order any fonts etc but it might be worth seeing if you can get your logo done in the same way, they may be able to do bespoke orders...

once the transfer is applied(by rubbing its backing) you can do several layers to build up an embossed look (if its the same colour as the bottle) or simply one layer

only problem is that a its very delicate

hope this helps a little

Rob.

Labels on products and goods inform you about the characteristics of the product or item. Manufacturers of products and goods must comply with the laws on labeling. When you are shopping, check the item you are buying is correctly labeled. Be aware that sometimes, labels can be misleading.