Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
ragde

Small Bottle Modeling

Guest Skint

Radge, I am always impressed with your walk-throughs even though I dont use solid-works.

Can you dump it and start using Pro-e Wildfire please :P

Thanks guys for your words!.

Thanks Jennifer.

Skint: Nice idea!, but I prefer to know Pro-E ALSO.

ciao

Guest Live Design

post-6926-1211485039.jpg

Hi Ragde,

Ive been working through the tutorial and ive reached a hurdle, a spiky one at that!

Im trying to make the shoulder of the bottle but this is what i get?

any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Live Design:

Your problem is that you have selected all the edges as individual entities. (and I see 4 edges in total ).

Put your cursor over one of the edges and RMB to select Selection Manager, using that tool you select all the edges as if they were one entity.

You are going to end up with two items on the selection box of the Boundary Surface PM, one for the circular edge and other for the Group of edges selected with the Selection Manager.

Good Luck!

I see this sketch(top and bottom) for main surf to complicated. Wouldn`t be easier to make this sketch using conic arcs, Ragde?

Generaly, cool tutorial Ragde.

Hi Muadib3d:

I understand your concern, but thru these years I have learned that loft, boundary surfaces, and almost every SW construction feature works better with Splines. In fact, surfaces are based on Splines. And if you want good quality surfaces it is a good advice to try to make the profiles using splines.

Analytic curves (arcs, lines, parabolic ) in general are better for certain situations because they are easier to calculate an to deal with them internally (SW). But algorithmic curves (polynomial, like splines) are the fundamental essence of the surfacing generating motor.

Of course you can use arc combinations to do the ovals (for some works it does not matter much) and you will end up with more faces to deal with, specially when you cut the body with the surface.

Just a matter of taste (and quality).

See you

I noticed if spline contains more than two points(start/end) there is always distortion in curvature in each additional point. So I try to use two points spline for such shape if possible.

But, you have right, using arcs You have every time an edge in connection point. It can be done around by converting such entities in to spline in Pro/E Edit > Convert to spline

I like Your bottle "challange/tutorial" couse I spent quite a bit time in similar activity

post-16264-1212139388.jpg

post-16264-1212139402.jpg

post-16264-1212139413.jpg

Very nice model Muadib3d!

There is a similar command in SW to fit a spline to a sketch made of arcs and lines, and it is very simple to use (and powerful)...

post-4562-1212144577.jpg

thx ragde

I am trying my best. I search for intresting shapes all around me to bite them with in Pro/E. Some I got to the end, some not.

Now I see surfacing more as right tricks to obtained desired shape, less importnat are the tools.

I mean - I have more problem sometimes to figure out main surfaces in real part to devide them then into small steps(major surfaces) in Pro/E.

post-16264-1212154551.jpg

post-16264-1212154581.jpg

post-16264-1212154602.jpg

post-16264-1212154632.jpg

Guest Bj.R

Hi!

I might be a little late, but thanks for the tutorial, this is my attempt.

post-21297-1243496931.jpg

Guest mtberdaan

hey,

thanx for the tutorial, very helpful.

the screw-thread part was just what i needed.

but i struggled with the last part, creating a volume. i just can't get a solid.

maybe you can explain that part more detailed??

cheers, daan

Hi Daan:

Sorry if I am late.

First you Shell the bottle. In that step you have to be sure that the shell succeeded correctly.

Then you offset t 0.1 (or just copy) the inner surfaces of the bottle. This might be tricky, you have to be sure that you selected all the surfaces shown in the image, leaving no gaps.

Close the volume and solidify. Should no be any problem.

Ciao!

Guest domo

i completly got exited i want full to improve my surface skill, so that mine

ragde, one question, which material you assigned to the liquid because i don't wanted to use water and......................... used plastic jejejee because i wanted some jelly liquid thing i don't know.

And one more thing, in your render, which configuration of light you use or scene?

completed in 2 hour (plus rendering time and config) Friday night, hope to hang out tomorrow :specool:

post-32041-1249107350.jpg