Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shyamsun

Portfolio Review Please!

Guest shyamsun

Hello Designers,

I would like your opinions on my portfolio. I would like any comments, brutal critiques are welcome too. This is my first time showing it here to get some feedback, so please do!

my folio in portfolio

Guest remus

Theres some good stuff in there, but i think you need to be a bit more selective about what you put in. I think you only really need 2 or 3 shots from any one project, otherwise you risk getting bogged down with lots of stuff that is very similar.

Guest Andrew Austin

I agree with remus to an extent. Some fantastic work on furniture though, keep it up. How many years of experience have you had if you dont mind me asking?

Guest shyamsun

Thanks for the input remus and andrew, I am going to change these works to be compact as soon as I finish my

prof. portfolio.

I dont have experience in this field but i have worked in interior design firms for about an year.

Shyam

Guest Jon_mase

There are some concept pages of sketches that are shrunk down so small its impossible to see them. I agree with what others have said about cutting out anything weak, only leaving the really strong sketches and 3d renderings. The graphic illustration and design work, including posters, should (in my opinion) be removed. It doesn't reflect your ability and the time to quit smoking and save the earth posters use wayyyyyyyyyy too low resolution images.

Guest DECschool

Some good work but i agree with the other comments less is more. you don't have to put up everything you work on, just your best, completed work (which you clearly have). It's good to have look and feel work but in context of the final project

Guest shyamsun

Thanks !

I have deleted most of the projects and now I have selective projects which is lesser than before. Thanks for the input.

Guest Lilith

i love your sketches, awsome! i think you need a bit improvement on computer renderings, they still look fine though but not as great as your freehand sketches.

If i were you, i would remove the "graphic design" section and would rename architectural samples to something else, like CAD drawings or something (its just my opinion). good luck ! :)

Guest spook

this isn't really a comment on you portfolio, but rather you style.

I think you sketches and aesthetic sense is very engineering and machine like, if you know what I mean (particularly the less organic shaped products like the computer). I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, it's a great style. I would just like see you push this style and sensibility a bit further, rather than your organic forms.

Also get rid of that Itouch thing as the opening page and put in one of your wonderful exploded sketches.

Guest shyamsun
this isn't really a comment on you portfolio, but rather you style.

I think you sketches and aesthetic sense is very engineering and machine like, if you know what I mean (particularly the less organic shaped products like the computer). I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, it's a great style. I would just like see you push this style and sensibility a bit further, rather than your organic forms.

Also get rid of that Itouch thing as the opening page and put in one of your wonderful exploded sketches.

I agree about the styling. Many have critiqued about my designs to be engineered type and less styling. I think because I always focus on the functionality and less about the form. I am hoping to improve on that in the future.

Thanks for your comment!