Guest justinja

::Consideration::

Fun Question.

-[j]

I changed my mind.....

ninja > :)

Guest e_scourboutis

necessity

as a core value permeating the designer's work and validating the fruit of his/hers labour. "does the world need this thing i just created?" is a valuable question that should inform every creative endeavour.

designer is definitely not god, at least no more than an engineer, or a programmer, or a scientist, or a novelist or anyone who creates something out of nothing for that matter.

we shouldn't be taking ourselves that seriously,nobody should

unless i totally missread an attempt at self sarcasm and i apologise because self sarcasm is good and keeps everything in perspective

be well

Guest pacho

Hello again,

I guess for me it would have to be observation.

For me design is about the observation of people and the things they use, turning those observations into solutions which will make their lives better and more enjoyable.

Design is also about team work, I believe a lot of the great ideas of late have been the fruitful labour of passionate design teams...

Very seldom do you find the lone genius.....

Pacho

Guest Ludecrous

ENABLER

en·a·ble Audio pronunciation of "enabler" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nbl)

tr.v. en·a·bled, en·a·bling, en·a·bles

1. To supply with the means, knowledge, or opportunity; make able: a hole in the fence that enabled us to watch; techniques that enable surgeons to open and repair the heart.

2. To make feasible or possible: funds that will enable construction of new schools.

2. To give legal power, capacity, or sanction to: a law enabling the new federal agency.

3. To make operational; activate: enabled the computer's modem; enable a nuclear warhead.

Guest rijuta

one word? ooh tough! there's just so many facets!

well i'd go with reflection.

a designer has to reflect the needs and aspirations of his time onto the product. and the end product, in turn, has to reflect so much--- what it does, how it does it, for whom it is, what it stands for...

Guest kinvent

An obvious word, a designer has to be

"Human".

Since the beginning of civilisation, the beginning of our collective consciousness, HUMANS designed and worked with tools which advanced our destiny.

Designers are primarily human with human needs and emotions; we are able to empathise with others and implement strategies and technologies that improve their condition.