Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest abhinav

One word for designer

Guest Kapu

edit: No, wait. I said 'use', but then I thought about it a bit more and noticed it's all related to one word: "philosophy".

Our design philosophy, the approach to design is what makes our products as they are. If our vision is that each product we accomplish is going to make our users glad they have picked up our design, covering function and for other reasons, then we are closing in on 'true design'.

Guest yeddeync

I would say "connection" is an important word. The word can be used any many ways, such as a "connection" with the client, consumer and engineer.

Guest jomiz80

Representative

<<BEGIN RANT>>

My explanation is that the Industrial Designer represents the customer's needs (be they basic, performance, or excitment) when at the proverbial bargaining business table. With the accountants worry about making money; the marketers worrying about attracting clients; the engineers making it work; manufacturing building it: who at the table is worrying whether a normal human-being can use or even like the product? The ID'er! Who will worry whether it is beautiful, attractive, and a joy to use? The ID'er! Who will see that the design is environmentally sound? Ergonomic? Practical? Innovative? Inspiring? Empowering? The ID'er!

In the end, if the ID'er fails to recognize their customer needs (and fight for those needs at that business table!) and designs something that does not relate to the customer, the design is a failure. It does not matter how beautiful, how profitable, or innovative the design.

<<END OF RANT>> :)

Guest abhinav

I feel 'communication' or 'relation' is the better words to express than 'connection'. Its indeed an important phenomenon to increase social and professional sphere.

Guest Newbox

compatible

The industrial designer is only one person out of the many it takes to make a good product. A compatible team will further ensure the product is a success. I have worked in many design environments were people just dont get along. They push their bad attitudes on you, or sink thier mentally vampiric teeth into your brain for what ever reason they feel like. Its sad.

Guest soneca

I agree with avnish

OBSERVATION...

there are a lot of other words that could describe us but i think this one is important because many people forget about this...

Guest cmegens

I say CREATIVITY

since everthing a designer does, he is allowed to do it differently than any other profession, we are allowed to use our creativity. We communicate on creative ways, we live on a creative way, we work together in creative ways. For design, each part, creativity is key, no matter what kind of design we practise.

Regards Carl.

Guest Mahmood keshavarz

Looking I think, but it should be brings Innovative,Creativity,Wondering!