Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cherishing_luck

Ask About Ipd

Guest cherishing_luck

Hello everyone,

I received admission from IPD. But I am hesitating whether I should go there.

Courses in IPD program are related to engineering, quite different from what I learn(art based). Also, during my undergraduate study, I learn graphic, interior, and product design at the same time, so I am afraid I will learn from the beginning and is it hard for me to catch up with many other students who have very strong background of industrial design?

Moreover, what kind project do students usually do? Do they choose the project themselves? Would you give me some examples?

And, after graduation where do graduates find their jobs? Do they usually work in the companies that they have cooperated with during the study? Do most international students work in Dutch?

Thanks.

I suggest you to contact the coordinator of the IPD program and ask the same questions you have here.

One of the projects I did, was a 5 months during design project for Philips Domestic Appliance Products. The process covers research, conceptualization, prototyping and communicating to the client. We worked in a team of 6 students, in which we learned how to cooperate.

Don't be afraid of the engineering part (yes, i believe it is true that you will have to follow some engineering courses), but i think that the most important part of the IPD program is learning design methods and techniques. It would be good if you already have some basic sketching and modeling skills.