Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kõikvõimas

6456f Sketchbook And Stuff

Guest kõikvõimas

yes, along with other gnomon workshop dvds, still learning from them.

post-18065-1208775518.jpg

Guest huakakak

nice... but be careful.. doing such neat job all the time could ruin your intuition, and the naturalness of your sketch.. in my opinion such technique is just basic knowledge, but to improve you should practice to sketch very2 loose, and slowly build your style. :) keep posting your work

Guest kõikvõimas

not so convinced in the rightness of your opinion.

doing loose well depends how successfully you are able to make constructions.

if you are able to visualize constructions, you will draw well.

but it comes with practice, drawing constructions will train your ability to sketch loosely.

look james paick, same thing:

http://www.jamespaick.com/images/sketches/...le_redesign.jpg

http://www.jamespaick.com/images/sketches/large/train.jpg

otherwords, it's very important to know the basic well. and i think its dead end if guy thinks that he knows everything about the basic, and not doing stuff as well as feng zhu.

Guest huakakak

yeah of course, i did say if you do such neat job "ALL THE TIME".. by that i mean it really is important!! very, cos without basic knowledge you couldnt analyse ur sketch if its wrong or not.. know wat im sayin... but after that, theres another level.. level where u use your intuition and emotion... without that u couldnt find ur style.. but i know, such basic is very2 important. but you dont wanna be one of thousand scott robertson rite? u surely wanna hav ur own style.. =)

Everyone has different techniques for drawing different things - trick is to find which one works best for you.

The Scott Robertson style stuff works well, and once you learn to layer your own tricks on top of a well constructed drawing you'll have nice stuff.

Guest kõikvõimas
how long did you need for such a sketch?
well, the last one (sl300 front view) was pretty quick, about 40 minutes maybe. doing just a form study now.

i'm not searching my style, style finds me. indeed, in past i have read a lot of theory about traditional art, drawing human figure, and learning anatomy. i have clear approach were i m going to end up with. it's little irritating when u are talking such things. if you have the same goal to archive which i have, then i m worring more about you,(what probably and hopefully is not the same) And i'm not useing intuitions, rather intellectual aesthetical choice. little different.

Guest huakakak
how long did you need for such a sketch?
well, the last one (sl300 front view) was pretty quick, about 40 minutes maybe. doing just a form study now.

i'm not searching my style, style finds me. indeed, in past i have read a lot of theory about traditional art, drawing human figure, and learning anatomy. i have clear approach were i m going to end up with. it's little irritating when u are talking such things. if you have the same goal to archive which i have, then i m worring more about you,(what probably and hopefully is not the same) And i'm not useing intuitions, rather intellectual aesthetical choice. little different.

i´m sorry, dont know that u´re lil bit sensitive... :blink: didnt mean to irritate you.. i just read that u looking for comments or critics, so i think it would be boring if i just say normal things.. just wanna be critical, and see things from different angle, u know... no bad feeling ok?

and u´re right everyone has different style...

keep posting.. :thumbsup: