Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goz38

Portfolio, Comments Please!

Guest goz38

hey guys, i'm in a similar boat to a lot of designers at this time of year, and i'm trying to get a placement for next year.

i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this process by possibly giving me some constructive feedback?

Folio

Guest Andrew Austin

Hey, you clearly have a broad skill range, and its easy to distinguish your work from that of a BA student! Nice injection moulding stuff. Its always good to show initial thinking through sketches etc which you have done on the first few pages. Good Stuff.

Hope you get a placement, my search isnt going overly well haha! ;)

Guest Jay08

Grammar!!! and the title text on the how page is cut off.

Orange??! Overdone in design unfortunately as your pages look good but it does seem like everyone else is doing it!

Spelling in the HOW page...Needs checking! (presentaion?!?!)

Maybe some dynamic pics would be nice.

The pages do look cluttered though..Spread the info out maybe..

Consider losing he gardient fade..its heavy.

OK work, execution needs work. Hope that helps!

Guest Lilith

interesting projects, nice layouts, i really like the way you managed sketches, engineering drawings and renderings on the same layout, on 1-2 its a bit overloaded , just a little bit, but overall really cool !

Guest cholden

just a quick note, on your coroflot profile, get rid of the "aiming for a 2.1" bit after your degree. As it does you no favours you should be aiming for a 1st and it looks bad on you having that on your CV. just a little point.

Decent start, but it leaves a lot to be desired. No physical models at all, not even any mockups= a huge huge vacant hole in your portfolio. Make some mockups, and make some finished appearance models. Also, some marker renderings would be nice also.

Guest P3NGU1N

Well a lot has already been said but I want to make a quick note on some things that weren't present.

I don't see any spiderman products in your portfolio so right off the bat i want to make a note that using a movie font that is widely recognized is probably not a good idea. The font doesn't enhance your product in anyway, infact it's a sharp contrast against your very organic product with the harsh lines of the font.

Guest goz38

cheers for the comments guys, all been taken on board and changes are being made, and will be noticeable soon!

thanks again! much appreciated

Guest douglas the 2

i think a big thing for me is knowing what your product does. it's fine to put it in writing in the corner somewhere, but people won't be able to understand fully your concept unless it is visually represented and "story-boarded."

as far as layout there's nothing, as has been said, that would make me stop and look at it longer than a few minutes. there is a definite science and art to your layout and that just comes with a lot of experimenting and trying out different things. splitting the page from gradient to blank white is a bit weird. gradient areas can be done, but it almost seems better if it fades into it rather than being cut off by some sort of graphic.

just a couple quick insights before i head off to bed. keep workin though and lookin at all kinds of portfolios; not just ID people