Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
thedinomeister

Thedinomeister: Sketches And Renders

Guest MBW17

very cool new sketches! the sled idea is great!

got a question, what type of pen do you use when sketching with markers, bc mine seem to turn to a purple when marker goes over them?

thanks, and love to see more!

Guest MBW17

some cool cars and very interesting views. but why change the colors? the blue is kinda bright..

very cool new sketches! the sled idea is great!

got a question, what type of pen do you use when sketching with markers, bc mine seem to turn to a purple when marker goes over them?

thanks, and love to see more!

some are sanford uni-ball, some are BIC ultra's, some are hi-tec c's. The BIC bleads the most making things purple, but I kind of like the effect. Hi Tec C's are gel based so they don't bleed at all. The sanford uni-balls are similar to the pilot precise V5's and are great for teaching yourself not to put down as many lines as you do with a BIC because the line comes out so thick. They still bleed a little though.

some cool cars and very interesting views. but why change the colors? the blue is kinda bright..

I change the colors because I think it adds mood to the otherwise blank sketches. And since it's not a final render so to speak, I think it takes it up a notch for presentation capability. Here are some of the originals:

cars27.jpg

small1.jpg

cars25.jpg

Guest giorgio12358

u've been improving a lot that hand, i'll say. i see better organic shapes in your final sketches. but i feel slightly overloaded you composition. I don't know.

You've come a long way...the pen stuff may be a bit on the dense side, but I always enjoy super dense ball-point stuff. It's a good way of showing sketches for your own personal entertainment while still showing off your abilities - it's less about the final designs so theres not much to crit.

I really like that very last thumbnail on the bottom right of the last image - the one with the smoke cloud behind it. Very simple, but very sweet. :D

Keep working on the marker stuff - it's getting better.