Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thedinomeister

Thedinomeister: Sketches And Renders

Guest Taro

your last page is very cool ; )

I think you were the one that had an artistic background before you went into ID right? Is that where you got human forms down? I think your human forms are very nice, and I am trying to practice them. How did you practice them?

Guest Austin Brown

the style of your characters really adds a big dose of realism and tactility to the products you're working on. Great style, and lots of nice concepts as well! I'm really inspired to get busy with sketching practice after seeing all of this.

Guest Lilith

brilliant sketches!! :clapping:

i also liked this project, amazing

storyboard2qz9.jpg

but i wish you can bring back some of the old stuff, its a shame you are not drawing space-mechanic-bio stuff anymoree

redux...

Guest MBW17

these are excellent!

the car/kid drawing tablet is an awesome idea!

i could see that being in mass production!!

awesome work man!

keep them coming, Please!

I think you'd probably learn (especially in todays awful automotive climate) that the mental images of an automotive studio are far more impressive then the reality of an automotive studio. I wanted to do automotive too until I had a chance to go up and visit GM. I know 5 designers who were all in the automotive field and every single one of them stepped out of it. Theres way too much red tape and old world thinking. Theres certainly people out there doing cool work but the majority of the real world execution is destroyed by crochety old engineering organizations.

If the depress...recession brings out anything it might be a fresh turnover at the automotive giants.

I think you'd probably learn (especially in todays awful automotive climate) that the mental images of an automotive studio are far more impressive then the reality of an automotive studio. I wanted to do automotive too until I had a chance to go up and visit GM. I know 5 designers who were all in the automotive field and every single one of them stepped out of it. Theres way too much red tape and old world thinking. Theres certainly people out there doing cool work but the majority of the real world execution is destroyed by crochety old engineering organizations.

If the depress...recession brings out anything it might be a fresh turnover at the automotive giants.

I have heard a lot actually about the negative aspects...it's unfortunate. I still want to try it out though :D

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Guest Crit7171

How is the recession going to be a fresh turnover, I'm assuming that the auto industries will design tiny smart cars so that people can save gas, considering how many people just aren't going to buy those shiny sports cars anymore.

Guest DietDope

tz tz tz !

better be paying attention , think of your future ! :)

no , seriously , same here ... i usually produce about 2 dinA2 pages per lesson :-D

did you make the collage afterwards or did you draw them on one page alltogether , just ike above ?

regards,max

tz tz tz !

better be paying attention , think of your future ! :P

no , seriously , same here ... i usually produce about 2 dinA2 pages per lesson :-D

did you make the collage afterwards or did you draw them on one page alltogether , just ike above ?

regards,max

I drew them all on one page of 8.5" x 11"