Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GRID

Datsun 240z Concept

The last two renders are stunning, but I agree with Cyberdemon and cash. Those headlights would look a lot more sleek and modern if they had a flush housing - sort of the route that BMW took when modernizing the 507 when they built the Z8.

bmwZ8vs507.jpg

Guest Joe McGlynn

Nice work, I like the rear a lot. There is too much square stuff going on in the front grill area for my taste.

Guest Mark Beckman

I'm a big 240Z fan Grid, grew up next to a Datsun dealer (thats Nissan to you Juniors out there) and watched them rally with success in the early 70's. Think your on the right track Mate, good work - hope you can post some more pics for us all.

Guest Skint

Excellent modelling. Shame its not parametric ( Pro-e ), I`d wanna import it and play around with it :P

Guest ADZ DEZINE

I came across this page while researching 240z's and saw this brilliant concept by Grid - love what you've done - like a few others said,would change the grill area a bit - a little too busy on the first one.

I would love to see this in production

Guest GRID
Hi,

which software are you using? CATIA?

I´m using 3Dsmax and vray for rendering on this one.

Thx for all the comments :D

Guest Dac_Xint

The front bumper and grill design is "inspired" by the Holden Coupe 60 Concept right?

holden_coupe_60_shocks_1.jpg

The shape is nice, very true to the original, with the exception of the rear lower section, which is very unique and attractive. I think you could do a better job of the rear lights to compliment the rear difuser and round off the rear end of the car.

That said, I'd love to see more progression on the design theme though, at the moment it feels like someone has just modified the bodywork of a original 240Z with body kits. It'll be fantastic to actually design the car with a modern Nissan theme while not losing too much of the original profile, as well as an update to the details.

Lastly, fantastic 3DS MAX skills, I'm digging the clean polygon model and loving the renders. I really hope you don't leave the design as it is, because it's got potential to be so much more.