Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest idguru

idguru portfolio

Hm.. well apart from the site being a bit slow, I really think you need to go either completely text or ditch the site graphics for something less 1998.. site design has progressed and I think you'd be better off with a pure text/link site than be stuck with outdated graphics.

I think the same goes for a lot of your posters. The objects might be great, but they're presented on posters/images that look really outdated with distracting graphics.

If you're not really confident with graphics and such, my advice would be to leave that and focus purely on your work without disctracting backgrounds.

Sorry to be this harsh, but I think you would benefit a lot if you spend some time looking around other websites and studying a bit more on page layout and things like that.

(btw, seating survival unit link didn't work).

Guest idguru

cheers honesty is the best policy and i agree with it, at the moment im redoing alot of it, thanks for your reply

<_<

Ok man, good to know <_< take a look at some portfolio's on this board, there's a couple of really nice ones, the way they present details and total shots of the objects for example can be really interesting.

Guest cmegens

I agree.

The site looks really outdated, and so do some of your designs. in 1998 sites already looked better, this is more 1995/96, when everybody made their website with standard frontpage templates.

regards