Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest under-dog

Which Wacom Cintiq To Get

Guest under-dog

Has anyone had any experience with both the 21UX and the 20WSX(wide format version) of the wacom cintiq

They appear by all means to be the same specs other than # of express keys, viewing angle tilt and obviosly the size and format of the working area. Oh yeah price as well the 20WXS is about $500 cheaper. Is there really an advantage to one over the other.

My current monitor is a 20" wide screll Dell ultrasharp. Will a difference in size formats create an issuew. I have been using an intuos wide format. Should the cintiq be matched up in format with my main monitor or is it irrelivent?

Has anyone worked on both of these that can comment? What are you getting for the extra $500. I know the wide format is newer. Have there been any advancements?

It has been on my wish list for a long time and my boss came to me today and made the offer and posed the question of which one. Happy days :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

PS. I hope I put this in the right area. If not could the administrator please move this. Thank you.

You're talking about a cintiq, not a tablet, so the difference in aspect ratios is irrelevant. Just get whatever one you'd rather have, both will work the same. They both have the same pressure sensativity, and all that, so just get whichever one you'd prefer.

The Wide screen will be the same resolution as your Dell, outside of that theres no difference other than another inch of space that the 21" has. Outside of that you'll never notice the difference.

Guest cholden

now the cintiq 12wx has been thrown into the equation. is the 12wx worth the money? any reviews of it as considering selling my intuos 3 and investing in one.

now the cintiq 12wx has been thrown into the equation. is the 12wx worth the money? any reviews of it as considering selling my intuos 3 and investing in one.

Do a search for Cintiq on here and on Core77. Theres been a lot of discussion about the 12wx and it's pros and cons compared to a tablet PC.

Guest georgeous
Do a search for Cintiq on here and on Core77. Theres been a lot of discussion about the 12wx and it's pros and cons compared to a tablet PC.

Also search the Tablet PC Review forum

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/

I've seen some stuff in there about the 12wx. The recurrent information I see about it is... it's far from portable, too many cables and large PSU. Nuff said.