Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
ragde

Jewelry Modeling

Guest AsphaltJungle

GRRRR!! I'm having trouble understanding how to constrain the "V" shaped sketch in step #3. I must be brain dead.

Dear AsphaltJungle:

I think that you are refering to this step...

It is a matter of Sketch construction:

post-4562-1208859656.jpg

Hope to be of help

Ciao

Guest AsphaltJungle

EDIT - If I'm not mistaken, the intent is to split the ring in half from top to bottom. I now have three "Split Line" features in the FMT. Is this correct?

Ragde - You are truly a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you very much for your prompt and informative reply. As a surfacing novice, these tutorials are a blessing to me. Because of this particular website, I am learning more and more about this software and am finally realizing the potential in it's power.

Having said that, I have more questions. :-) I hope that I am not being a burden.

On step 8, you have us using a "Split Line" command. The pictures are not 100% clear, and I am wondering if the line is splitting the ring exactly in the middle (it looks like it may be off to the right side, and is causing my confusion). Also, I was hoping that you could explain why (any maybe provide more detail) on the purpose of using this command at this juncture.

I thank you in advance.

- Steve

AsphaltJungle:

Thanks for your words.

I used Split Line command just ONE time...

post-4562-1208905481.jpg

And in Step #8 (I think you mean Post#8) there is no Split line command applied.

I suggest you to download the SW file from my website (just go the Free Download area)

Bye!

Guest bagaudae

I just activated my trial version of hypershot!! it`s looking great! i guess i`m gonna stress my computer a bit in the next few days.

Guest Tur

Hi Radge,

Thanks for tutorial, I spent my time with fun :) Renderings are not very realistic,

I'm not very proficient with PhotoWorks. What PW settings you used for stone?

Ring_3.jpg

Ring_4.jpg

Ring_5.jpg

Ring_6.jpg

Guest siousu

@ragde, thx you very very much for this tutorial! I like your work, and especially your free downloads from your site! Brilliant works!

greez, siousu