Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yusi

A Small Electric Equipment Design

Guest Yusi

i found it pretty handy using both Alias Sketch book and PS to create concept sketches.

please tell me what i should improve in the future.

thanks in advance.

post-18635-1205156386.jpg

post-18635-1205156448.jpg

i could not understand Chinese language but i will. I think they are very good sketches. I can feel the pace while you are drawing. Yes, maybe has perspective problems but it is sketch not illustration.. Thank you..

Guest Yusi

Sorry about the Chinese characters, I will make a English version tomorrow.

Thank you for your comment, and yes, the perspective thing is really a problem, and I will work on it. In the process of drawing the second sketch, I tried to correct the perspective error, but it turned out worse than it began.

And here is a third scheme.

post-18635-1205166517.jpg

Guest bdesigns

mm... the arrows really bug me.. they look really, eh watever.. if these were like gernerating and stuff... then it would be alrite.. but for concepts i dunno.. make the line thickness smaller. Should be a big difference. And even one completely straight line.

with ur first pic, that red arrow. I dunno if thats a logo on the product or an arrow should direction that a user can click the switch to. If its an arrow that shows direction and not a logo, i think you should make it bigger, a brighter red and make it a 3D arrow with shadow.

The first pic not bad at all. Everything seems alright cept i think some parts of your product lacks in shading and a little perspective. Also maybe your contour lines should be lighter, like a differnet shade to your drawing lines. Also maybe duplicate your product and add a slight reflection on the group? or a small shadow? Maybe some shadow lines?

The second pic seems very rushed. Perspective seems very off (unless its ment to tilt a little to the side) The contour lines look very rushed and thick and the grill lines seems very wobbly. It seems like you used a wacom so maybe you can try draw it by hand, then scan it in? Then you can kinda trace ontop of it? i dunno. ....yeah...this one seems very off. :)

This one i quite like. The contour lines are nice and light weight with a sketch feel to it. The grills arnt as wobbly and i like the hand that you drew. The persepctive might still be a little off. I think thing you can see as much of the grill on the far side but yeh, cant notice thaaat much. The red gives a nice colour to the pic. Yeah.. pretty nice :) good work

So yeh.. thats my opinion :) good luck!

Guest Yusi

Thank you guys for the specific and sophisticated views and advises. I just started using wacom and it was hard at the beginning. I am trying to catch up you guys and maybe later we can have some deeper discuss about sketch creating.

Sorry about yesterday, I forget to put some explaining in my poster. I just finished the rendering but can not wait sharing them with you all. Your opinions means a lot to me.

The product is used in the car. I don't know what it calls (hopefully you can tell me). You pour water in a metallic and columniform cup, and then put the cup into the hole on the product and it will cool the water to 0-3 degree centigrades. Basically, it's a water cooling machine allowing people enjoy cold water in a car. The product will be fixed to the cup hole right beside the driver.

I don't know if i explain it well, anything not clear, please ask me.

And here is the English version of all three sketches.

post-18635-1205212445.jpg

post-18635-1205213380.jpg

post-18635-1205213450.jpg