Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest caspar

Destalt.com Portfolio

Guest caspar

hallo,

This is my first post - I followed some discussions about online portfolios.

Finally I tried one too. http://destalt.com/

But this is my first experiment and I am not sure if it is understandable.

I would be grateful for your criticism.

Thank You - Caspar

i have difficulties about interface.In my opinion, clicking or click and drag will be more better than now.

i like your sketches and there are really good products. Thank you for sharing with us.

Guest caspar

thank you - but this is the concept - run over the pages in an intuitive way

maybe I was a bit too optimistic about that ?

should I explain it on the firts page?

Guest weeeeny

Hi Caspar,

on a first glance it looks cool, but I have difficulites concerning the usablity, too.

The human being is used to read in a horzontal way,

cos our both eyes are side by side - not one below the other.

It is difficult to read.. and if I have chosen one tab - I am confused,

where the others are now and what was there name etc.

Furthermore for me is no clear structure-- the order

of the tabs looks accidantly.

And I have a quesion concerning your wheel, that got the honour if IFD:

Are these sliding wheels? How can they rotate,

while have the axle out of the centre?

Thanks for response and good luck in future!

Weeeeny

Guest caspar

hallo weeeeny

Which browser do you use and what is the size of your screen. I have not tested the webside on screens smaler than 15" and rare browsers - maybe I do not understand your problem - there is a main menu on the right side to navigate.

The funktion of the castor is explained here - http://www.destalt.com/caster.htm - with an animation and a explosion - I hope you will understand now. If not I will describe it to you.

Guest benparfitt

Hello Casper

I have just seen your portfolio and i think its fantastic one of the best i have seen. I dont think the interface is hard to use, i think its fresh and different which is cool. I think the folio has great diversity and really shows your skills off well. I think the lemon squeezer is genious, nice one.

Guest mare10

I like your idea for the interface, i think that is new and simple. Nevertheless I have had problems using it because of the mistakes in the carrying out. Sometimes the images doesn't appear, sometimes you see a section that was not expetect to appear and over all is easy to don't notice some section.

Anyway nice works and I really like your way to show your products. For the renders you've always used solidWorks?

Good luck!

Guest antidesign

Hi Casper pleased to meet you.

Firstly great work very clean professional presentation etc.

I though also have some issues with the navigation which I will explain.

Overall the site works very well and quickly for me. I don’t have any problem reading on the side and don’t think the titles matter too much. BUT with a system which is so fast and without an active choice to change the page it gives me the fear…

If I really want to look at your work I want to look at each page one after the other and maybe go back ONE page at a time. This means I have to move and stop the cursor in exactly the right 5mm band in order to avoid jumping through several pages. I also have to move all the way back and do the same to see the previous page.

Using Mozilla Firefox with a wide screen laptop starting from the left there is a space… then there is your work, then the menu is off the screen to the right.

With the browser defaulting to the left, every time I want to choose from the menu I have to go and scroll right (this is a big no, no) I also have to go around the work with the cursor in order not to set off the page flipping system.

Another thing is that there are images repeated again and again in different sections, overview, 3D, Product…. all have repeat images.

Then there is the individual projects (probably the most interesting section), which many people may not find as they think they’ve seen all your images already.

It also took me a while to work out why there was a ‘click’ + right arrow to active an animation. This to me seemed to be telling me to open the next page rather than click in the middle.

Hope that explains it well.

cheers