Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
cash68

Cash68's Portfolio

I'm reposting my portfolio here, looking for comments and advice on how to improve it, and what type of work you think I should add. I am currently a mid-level designer looking to make some major changes, and possibly move to another continent, so I want to be as competitive as possible. Here's some new stuff, which I will continually update. I'd really appreciate your feedback!

SHORT PORFTFOLIO LINK:

CLICK HERE

Sketches:

192473_JZ1RUK97gRttbAUpiNVAm8kDU.jpg

192473_MAq1iuZLMCEraUigWiADY53sz.jpg

192473_k2LXV86PpcYaq0SQpw0UP9qlw.jpg

192473_02ZwbFYF6jTj0HuT5JfpPTv6g.jpg

192473_fKBWUdB5Vr8kEc0w50fIcvMTT.jpg

www.coroflot.com/rpodell

One thing that I am struggling with is that the majority of my professional work I cannot share on public websites, but I could show in person.

Uh.... so yeah. No comments whatsoever. That's unusual.

Guest Thathertz

You should change the date on the bottom of each slide to 2008.

Nice sketches overall.

It might be nice to see some of the projects in context especially the submersible. Also I think the mechanical project would greatly benefit from a video explaining its operation.

nice work.

Guest d joseph

looking really great Rob

The weakest image in the whole lot would be the side view rendering of the Leaf Zamboni. I think it would be worth redoing that one rendering.

-Dave

OMG. I am so stuck in 2007. Thanks for catching that. :P

Guest Lilith
Uh.... so yeah. No comments whatsoever. That's unusual.

everyone is scared :)

and oh yeah sorry i am not using shift key again !!! :)

now about your portfolio, it is very impressive of course. you got excellent sketching skills, i see you have experience with model making as well. dont like your photoshop renderings as much as the freehand ones, but i guess after sometime you will improve that as well.

is it a rendering on "dispenser" project? which program?

i completely adore "leaf blower project" sketches, amazing line work, although in my view it needs a bit more explaination, just like with some other project, it would be easier to understand if you would put them in context, product in use.

so yeah thats all, great job.

Guest desecrator

i think you should remove the word 'project' from your sheets...its too redundant...

Yeah, well... I have a bunch of other plates of work that I've done for actual companies, those don't say 'project', but I can't put those online because of a non-disclosure agreement. So... with those, it makes more sense. Project is only on the purely academic stuff, not the professional related things. I see your point though... maybe I'll remove it. We'll see. What do the rest of you think? Remove it? Or leave it?

Guest desecrator

i like the content you've put up! but do you really want your signature to be showing on some sketches and not on other? ok small issue so you might as well chuck that hehe. i like the compositions on most of your panels...the automotive sketches could do with some more work though. i feel you should let the sketches flow into each other like you've done on the leaf blower page. by creating the bounding boxes, you are making the viewer focus on that particular region...while it may work in some cases where you want to highlight your better work, it goes against you in the second automobile panel. rearrange those panels in terms of visual composition & you'll be fine :thumbs up:

Guest firecracker

really nice work you have,

I am really impressed by the amount of physical prototypes you have, it seems quite unusual to see quality models / prototypes in portfolios - yours are great!

Guest ***

I'll remove all the small cars sketches that looks comic like. You know, those with crazy perspective that looks cool on teenagers school books but kills a designer portfolio.

I really don't know why you show this whereas your drawing skill is excellent.

Submersible project is absolutely great.

congratulations.