Product Design Forums

Rapid Prototyping Services
dog crates nz
Sign in to follow this  
waikit

Sketch Challenge 20: Bags, March - April 2008

Here is another sketch session, suggested by some members: bags!

Sketch any kind of bags you like. Shoulder bags, cool bags, laptop cases, backpacks, etc..

20070131162719_310imc18.jpg

cbrownie_baby_blue.jpg

Guest eellingb

I'll start this out. I haven't posted to the forum before, though I have lurcked for years. I really apprreciate the critiques and help on these boards so as I try to improve my sketching back to prior levels I though I should jump in.

The sketch was done using non-repro blue pencil followed by prismacolor markers on letter size bond paper. I touched it up with prismacolor pencils and tweeked color, contrast and levels in PS.

This was a quick 15 minute top of the head idea. I already see some inconsistancies and some design issues. I'll try to post more sketches later.

Thanks,

Eric

post-10269-1204566744.jpg

Guest amarsh23

Here's my 30 min. I don't like the concept or the design but I enjoyed the warm-up. Good topic, thanks.

post-10169-1204570196.jpg

Guest porsche997

My 15-minute shot at a laptop bag/ zipper binder. Markers and pencil:

FiveStarBinder1.jpg

Guest bagaudae

I`m not sure what`s he purpose on this one, so i`ll ask:

Are we suppose to "just" sketch whatever we feel like, or make a feet-body-head project?

Guest troublesome96

hey guys,

I'm a student industrial design, this is the first time i post anything ever!

I've been browsing the forums for a while now, bought a scanner, so now

I can finally join in...yeah!!...:P

So here are some bags, nothing special, just some sketches...critz plz (really need to improve)

PS: do you guys (when drawing on paper) use pen or pencil to start the outlines of a sketch?

post-5104-1205432755.jpg

post-5104-1205432813.jpg

post-5104-1205432864.jpg

Guest stax_910

hey troublesome, this is also my first post. :P nice drawings, I like the composition of your pages. visually appealing and nice use of color. Perspective looks right on. What kind of markers are you using? I usually start with black ball point and then come back with ADD markers or Photoshop.

I'm not sure how I feel about the use of black pencil to shade, its starting to disrupt the materials of the bags. You could shade it so easily in Photoshop.

great sketches tho, keep it up

Here is an idea. took me 2 min in photoshop.

post-20507-1205439067.jpg

Guest Lilith
hey guys,

I'm a student industrial design, this is the first time i post anything ever!

I've been browsing the forums for a while now, bought a scanner, so now

I can finally join in...yeah!!...:P

So here are some bags, nothing special, just some sketches...critz plz (really need to improve)

PS: do you guys (when drawing on paper) use pen or pencil to start the outlines of a sketch?

hey

very nice sketches, welcome! :)

usualy i start with ballpoint pen

Guest troublesome96

@stax: yeah thats a lot better, i presume u use a palet then? couldnt imagine doin that with a mouse.

@lilith: Thx for the welcome, i really like drawing in ballpoint also, the only problem is that when i marker afterwards, it smudges my penlines? Anyone got a sollution? By the Way i use Letraset Tria and Promarkers....way too expensive :P

Guest stax_910

yeah I actually did use a mouse.. I wish I had a palet though. I just made a quick selection of the area and shaded it with darker colors while the selection was active. I used to sketch with Prismacolor markers and I believe they are alcohol based. The alcohol makes ballpoint pen bleed..so I switched to ADD markers this year. They work really well with ballpoint but are much more toxic..sometimes have to sketch/marker with my respirator

Guest Spezz

Here's a quick pencil sketch I did in some boring class, scanned in and added some color in PS real quick. Hope u guys like it.

post-4057-1205607287.jpg

Guest troublesome96

hey, here's a new one...

Ive tried digitally coloring it (sketchbook ,no pS)

But i dont really like it, ive probably done it wrong, or maybe PS is better then sketchbook?

Anyways critz are more welcome then ever!.........ciaoooooooooooo

post-5104-1205847142.jpg

Guest troublesome96

Sketches, thats it.....

I'm done coloring them for a while.

No time and not feeling like it, enjooooooooooy :P

post-5104-1205849568.jpg

Guest ocellnuri

Giving it a shot in Painter... trying to learn how to use this program effectively for sketching. I also haven't sketched soft goods much before, so this is a learning experience all around.

post-7312-1206209939.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.