Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Dna Helixes

Hi

So far not really complicated to twist the spiral along a 3D spline or bend the straight spiral will be a task i have no solution so out of the hip. Anyone here know how to do?

BR

Peter

EDIT

Also it looks impossible for the common cad software like SLDW or IV to bend a helix but you should check out that:

http://www.ashlar.com/sections/support/tut...ound_curves.pdf

i think this software is pretty nice

EDIT 2

the linked tutorial works also in similar way for SLDW so there is possible to do a double helix helix or bended helix

Guest Diablo

Hellow ^^

You all do great job ! but sometimes you should take some informations first on the product you design,

in order to make your piece more credible :s

ex : in DNA, there are 7 bridges on a complete turn of the strand, and the helix is not symetric, there are big gaps and small ones...

(Google = structure DNA)

ex : for the photo reflex sketch, don't froget to include space enough for battery, captor, flash, etc...

But however i really appreciate your work ^^

(sorry for my english, i'm from belgium)

Guest hem361

I have a long way to go ,I just start to learn modeling ,and Alias is not easy for me to begin.

Guest hem361

I have a long way to go ,I just start to learn modeling ,and Alias is not easy for me to begin.

Guest MikahB

Well, this is my first model posted here. I've used Solidworks for a few months, but recently bought Autodesk Inventor as it's a better fit for the bulk of the work I do. The helix was harder than it should've been with Inventor - a curve driven pattern is not such an easy thing, but I finally got it to work. I rendered it with Showcase which I still don't really know how to use, but it turned out okay and was a fun project.

Thanks for all the great info you all share on this board, excellent stuff!

post-33040-1255295811.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.