Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay08

Jays Folio

Guest Jay08

second year mini folio

I still think it needs work but thought Id update this link.

Thanks

Guest Jay08

im on it...im getting an A3 folio together at the moment so i ll update then

Thanks!

Guest Andrew Austin

Folio looks nice, its good that you can use both Solidworks and ProE, Loughborough uni only uses the latter.

As a comparison feel free to look at mine; www.coroflot.com/austin999

Guest Jay08

i like it...its busy but clean and consistent

check the spelling on miscellaneous though!

Thanks for the comms

Guest Andrew Austin

Oops, pretty stupid of me, thanks for pointing it out.

Good luck in your search for a placement. :P

Guest cholden

Hey

Really nice portfolio. Just have a look at the text boxes you have for explaining your work. try and place them in a generic spot for each page as when you put the pages together in a portfolio you have to look up, down ,left right to find the info. it will also bring your portfolio together. also some of the text boxes cover up some bits of images which they shouldn't. apart form that everything looks pretty fresh and clean.

Your CV is a little hard to read maybe use the same idea you have for text boxes with a semi transparent white box behind it and chose a dark grey rather than a black for your writing.

Chris

Guest crouton

I like that it's clean. I did have a hard time finding the title and text box on the page after the sketches. Needs better contrast to read the text or move the box a bit so that the viewer realizes it's there.

Same thing on the stress test page with motorbike. I think that remembering to be consistent helps the viewer a lot.

Good luck!!

Guest Andrew Austin

Nice and clean, puts most peoples work to shame. Did you atcually design and make the desklamp or was it an existing product reverse engineered? I assume its a prototype but mabye make that a bit more clear for idiots such as myself.

Good stuff, hope it serves you well in looking for placements and the like.

Guest Jay08

Thanks for the comms...All valid points n i think i ll use square boxes with a darker grey for the boxes...

The 'motorbike' page is actually a cycling page and its kinematic analysis, not stress analysis.

The lamp is my own design for a branded project and thats the prototype. No reverse engineering here! Im pretty stoked you thought it might have been though!

Thanks!

Guest laura

Personally i think this folio is very impressive considering you are completing your second year. Thumbs up from me. I love the presentation, it's clean, fresh and 'designery'? ha! I especially like the large photos. I think they break it up well. Kudos!

Guest Jay08

I was hoping for some feedback before sending to companies so if anyone has any comms or crits, these would be most appreciated. Please feel free to be hyper critical!

Thanks...

Guest yodesign

There is something I don't understand when I look at some of your folios : there are stress testing, engineering parts and so on...do you study this at uni?

When I was student, we were tought about art history, design, concept, methods...but not about material stress for instance.