Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messysketch

Combining Several Images To Having Same Saturation, Contrast Etc.

Guest messysketch

I’ve created three images of a wall of three safety deposit boxes (like in your local bank) modelled and rendered. The first image is has the top door open, the second has the middle door open & the third has the bottom door open. Iv used the same perspective and alignment for each picture and where possible I have used the same values for my adjustment layers in Photoshop. However I’m getting small discrepancies comparatively in each image – so my question is, is there a function in Photoshop or software that can take all three images and find mean value for hue, sat contrast etc and apply it to all. Hope this is clear enough.

thanks

I think Image->Adjustments->Match Color should do it. Open multiple images, and select the correct source image.

For contrast you can try hitting Save in the Levels, and load the preset in the other images. Not sure about this one.

Guest whatisdesign

Match colour is great for stuff like this:

http://denmuel.blogspot.com/2007/10/color-...-photoshop.html

For what you are describing (it's only 3 images and they sound as though their values are already pretty close?) I would just do it by eye? For something like this, it is more likely your eye will be able to match the pictures more accurately than a software algorithm.

If you modeled and rendered them, why would the values not be the same anyway? Would be interesting to see the pictures.