Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest w i l l

Black Biro's

I just tried one of these and it goes from light to dark with varying pressures:

http://www.zebrapen.com/ball-zgrip.html

post-565-1204744194.jpg

At full pressure it's the closest I've seen to black other than the uniball except you can't really get different shades with the uniball.

This pen is like a perfect hybrid of the uniball and regular goopy pen but it writes really smooth. I really just touched on for the first time last night. You can't marker over them though, in that respect they're like the goopy pens.

Guest Ferdie

I use the Pentel BK77, best compromise in terms of colour, handling & feel and ink flow. I assume it is still not perfectly black in your eyes, especially not if placing marker on top of it. Anyways, one can redraw the outlines prior to finishing the drawings anyways.

I am a big fan of Pentel RSVPs (apparently they're called BK91? I didn't know) on standard copy paper (or newsprint especially!). They're maybe a little bit too fine for me, since I hold my pen at a pretty low angle, so the ink can occasionally be spotty if I'm throwing down really fast lines. But otherwise, line quality is really good, they write smoothly, and they dry quickly, and are quite cheap. Don't try marker over them, though, they bleed.

pentel_bk91nt-abr.jpg

Guest A17
Yes A17, THAT is a Biro!

Is there something surprising?

Yes there is indeed. I've been using a Famous pen and i thought it was a crappy one...

My god, where are all my black BIC'S !?

better go buy some more some time

Biros wont cause marker or its own ink OR staining the tip of the marker would it?

Yes A17, THAT is a Biro!

Is there something surprising?

Yes there is indeed. I've been using a Famous pen and i thought it was a crappy one...

My god, where are all my black BIC'S !?

better go buy some more some time

Biros wont cause marker or its own ink OR staining the tip of the marker would it?

I'm pretty sure BICs will definitely bleed when used with marker, the same as any standard ballpoint pen. I don't think you need to worry about staining the tip of the marker, though. If it rubs off on it, you can get rid of it with a few strokes.