Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest roo

Where Does Everyone Get Their Design Supplies?

Guest roo

Pens, pencils, cutting mats, paper etc. all the good stuff... where does everyone get it for cheap?

Guest Yusi

Internet, ebay is good. And some local stores, if you buy things frequently enough, you may be able to bargain with the store holder.

Guest A17

i have cheap quality stuff..

the only time i ever went out to buy supplies was at Curry's, bought about 8 Prismacolor markers and that was it, everytime else I find from school and take home.

Guest firecracker

I get all my "non-art specific" stuff from a guy at my local car boot (flea market).

He sells everything you can get at a office suppliers.

All "posh" pens 50p - this includes stabilo/edding fineliners, gel pens (g1 etc), inky pens, pentel or mars mechanical pencils etc etc.

He sells Biro/Ballpoint pens for 10p each, or will do ya a deal - I got 12 crystal/rubber grip BIC fines for £1 today.

rareley he gets the odd bit of art shop goods - I buy it all usually!

I just wish he sold drafting/marker paper. For that I just go to the artshop and spend £4.50 on an A3.

I like sketching on A3 or even larger, but usually stick to a4 for convenient cheap biro sketching which is easy to scan.

Guest Sherief

HI. I work as a freelance designer and have found that in the professional industry people use COPIC or Chartpak AD markers. They tend t be a little more expensive but the colour delivery and intensity is best. The best deal I have found is £2.99 at www.ourfrienddesign.com, which is a small online shop that sells specific design equipment. They also sell a german marker paper which I have found to be pretty good, and not too expensive![b/]

Guest riege_st

i wonder if anyone can help me

i am a little sick of the way copics use to work

so i found that chartpak markers are a lot more fluent and fun to use

but i can't get them here(in austria)

does anyone know a store which exports these markers?

Guest Tamas Nyilanszky
i wonder if anyone can help me

i am a little sick of the way copics use to work

so i found that chartpak markers are a lot more fluent and fun to use

but i can't get them here(in austria)

does anyone know a store which exports these markers?

hi,

my class (ID2, angewandte) ordered some AD Chartpaks from http://www.mp-artware.de/shop/home/

we kind of arranged a deal with her back then. I was not involved in the organisation, i just bought 4 markers for 18€ which is still ~4.50€ per marker.

never buy basic grey, because thats not warm grey, it's some @#$@#$ up purple and green toned grey o_O so yeah i'd have to order again ... maybe get back to me if you are planning to set something up ^_^

cheers